LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 02-19-2016, 04:27 AM
Guru

Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

They never said when, only that it will.

Off topic, saw the first butterfly this year today. Unreal it is so early in the season.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:38 PM
Guru

I know it's an old cliche, but sometimes I have a hard time not believing this is all a miracle. Or as Einstein said "Either there are no miracles or everything is a miracle."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrxA4DcQw-Q
Old 02-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Guru

Well, back as usual to my old ways...flip-flop. I got a longer ferrite rod and at least for now it's my favorite toy. Will it hold up? I don't know, but it seems to be a pretty solid performer even though i do like the air loop coil I have been using. So I guess I will use this one for a few days and see what I think. Right now I think it pulls in the signal a little bit better. Works good on the edges of the search field. It costs quite a bit more and probably a little more fragile. And i need to figure out what housing I will use. I think it's Mercedes-Benz slogan "Only the best." That's what i want...I mean the best, not the car.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:22 PM
Guru

Yeah, I am pleased with this one. It grabs the signal faster (lock-on). Now this might just be due to atmospheric conditions which are very good today. Time will tell. For me, finding a new housing is unpleasant work, but it won't fit in the PVC I was using.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:40 PM
Guru

And the winner is...Oh, you thought I was going to say flip-flop again, didn't you? Well, I flipped but I didn't flop this time. I don't know what caused me to miss my test target but I did. So I went back to the air loop coil and I didn't like it. I checked the Space weather website looking for some interference but didn't find any. All i can think is the wind was a bit gusty. I don't know. I read in "The Odic Force" that the energy coming off the target appears as a flame to sensitives and it can be blown around by the wind. Whatever caused it I don't know but it gave me the chance to retry to old coil--sort of a buyer's remorse--and I decided I made the right choice to go with the ferrite rod.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:09 PM
Guru

The proton monitor was off and on. I don't know what that was about.

One more possibility I thought was conditions are too good and the transmitter was locking on to distant, long-time-buried targets. The missed target was on the edge of the search pattern and I know the signal is weaker there. But I haven't been having a problem with the ferrite rod. This is why I spend several days trying out a new configuration. You can't just accept one quick test and pronounce it victorious. I've been pleased with it so far and this really is the first time I missed a test target in a few days of testing. Anybody who expects 100% accuracy is going to be disappointed or delusional. If you think you are on secure ground, be ready to fall.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:21 PM
Guru

We have rain forecast. Maybe there is some electric activity in the weather front air. Also the ground is dry and dusty.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:12 AM
Guru

I got out about sunset and conditions were back to normal. I did see there was some sort of disturbance today.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Guru

I guess you would call this an off-topic post seeing how this is the All Electronic LRL's page. Just a warning. Don't read this if you are offended by L-rods or people who use them.

I got out the old L-rods this morning. Haven't used them in months. I don't recall the last time that happened--more than ten years ago. Anyway, I liked it. I had a belt receiver of sorts from an old MFD unit and i was using the transmitter for my latest All Electronic LRL. WOW, the rods were very lively. This just inspired me to add the rods to the total system. So I will see what happens. I have to admit the rods hold a dear place in my heart. I just love that feeling when I cross the discriminated signal line. Okay, so much for the sappy PDA stuff.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Guru

For those who don't know.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=PDA
Old 03-04-2016, 10:43 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
And there was me thinking that a PDA was a "Personal Digital Assistant".
One day there will be Hubots.
http://www.personasynthetics.com/
Old 03-05-2016, 12:37 AM
Guru

Yeah, I looked up PDA to make sure I had it right when I noticed your definition. That's when I figured some people might not understand as I didn't know it had other meanings.

As for hubots, well when they can use an L-rod (converse with the universe) then that would be something. I suppose it is not too far away time wise. Probably could do it now.

I consider it an absolute insult to say L-rod users are "Born that way". Now skeptics, maybe so.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:19 AM
Guru

I was watching the battery voltage on the receiver and when the battery got low the voltage (under load) dropped way down. Tried two different regulated power systems to maintain a steady voltage on the receiver but they both cause too much noise. So i just decided to go with a bigger battery. I call it cheap overkill.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Guru

Quote:
Tried two different regulated power systems to maintain a steady voltage on the receiver but they both cause too much noise.
Did you tried to block such noise by adding block capacitor between regulator output and ground? Try different values between 22 and 100nF.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
Did you tried to block such noise by adding block capacitor between regulator output and ground? Try different values between 22 and 100nF.
WM6, thanks for your help. There are electrolytic capacitors that come off the hot lead to ground. They are bigger yet. I'm not very versed in electronics. If I get motivated I will read up on it. I think it says they run at 150kHz so I suspect the receiver is "receiving" that as a signal. The signal strength meter is at about 20%. Even so the receiver still detects a target signal but that has to have a bad effect overall. Well, it's okay, I know the battery works and the new one is still lightweight enough, about twice the capacity. Now i don't have to worry about it.

How goes your new device? I haven't started anything on that one yet. I do like some of your ideas and plan to work with them when I get over my obsession with this project.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:04 PM
Guru

Quote:

How goes your new device? I haven't started anything on that one yet. I do like some of your ideas and plan to work with them when I get over my obsession with this project.
At the moment I am on other project agreed earlier with my friend.

Regarding mentioned anti-phase project, I decided to froze it and jump direct to some test and experiment with scalar waves. According some scientific papers main problem could be on receiver site, where as enough sensitive sensor appear to be so called "Josephson junction" which use superconductor in cryogenic environment - something hard to establish in amateur hobby conditions. So we need to find something as usable replacement for "Josephson junction" sensor. So a lot of test and experiments in near future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephson_effect

Excerpt from: The Interconnected Universe: Conceptual Foundations of Transdisciplinary Unified Theory [Ervin Laszlo]