LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > General > Rules of the Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Default Basic Rules of the Forums

Compared to some of the other Treasure & Metal Detecting forums, you will find my rules to be rather simple. I pay for this web site, 100%. I do not accept advertising money from anyone, therefore I do not answer to anyone. Everyone is invited to be candid. However,
  • Be polite. Write messages as if you are standing in front of the person you are posting to.
  • Criticism should be relevant and constructive. If you disagree with something, state your case, and move on.
  • Don't post copyrighted material.
LRLs are highly controversial. Be factual, and try not to take differences of opinions personally. If you make an extraordinary claim, be prepared to have that claim challenged.

LRL forums historically have a tendency to bring out the worst in some people. Personal attacks and taunts will not be tolerated. This includes verbal (you're an idiot) and pictorial (posting a derogatory picture). Violations will result in an infraction and possible suspension. Three infractions will result in a ban. Postings considered to be inflammatory can be reported to Admin by clicking the little red triangle icon at the top of each post. Please use this only when absolutely necessary.

Although this forum is open to everyone everywhere, I ask that posts be written in English to maximize participation. If English is not your native language, just do the best you can.

Forum activity can be sporadic, so don't be disappointed if your questions get few or no answers. Just try again. Remember, everyone here is a volunteer.

- Carl

Last edited by Carl-NC; 11-27-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Closed Thread