LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 11-03-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoItaly View Post
Varying C1 changes the amplitude of the oscillator, however the waveform is not very important, an amplitude between 2 and 3 Volts from peak to peak is the optimal value. Too high a value would make calibration difficult. Keep in mind that the oscillator does not intervene directly in the reception of the "phenomenon", it only provides a carrier that will be somehow modulated by the phenomenon.
Thanks Franco Italy !!!! I have reached a pure sine wave. All the same, the transistor was the culprit. And the amplitude is 4.32 volts -124.0 ns. I?ll deal with the adjustment of the amplitude to 3 volts.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Almost certainly in the sensor stage.
Thanks Mr franco
Old 11-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkman View Post
Hi friends,

I am late answer for so sorry.

Okantex: for stability.Dual coil more sensitive

nicolas: hi old friend's.

Franco: I test it and added video my channel. Very nice test make it.

Soon

THx Walkman
I have meet Okantex on Whats app and we speak about this project and test
please i have sent to you PVM look it.

<< My channel >> << My shop >>

Please do not demand Private Messages .... I cant reply all here....For more information you can send me email ....Thank you for understanding
Old 11-04-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Hi Geo,
The important thing is that there is a signal at the output of TR1, about 2V - 5V, as I mentioned with the quartz disconnected there should be no DC voltage signal at the output, and with quartz connected you need to choose C2, C3, C4 for a DC signal (about 2-5V). The best solution is a double-sided PCB with the lower face connected to ground and with the components soldered on the top face.
Regards
Good morning Franco! It turns out the signal should be on the basis of TP2 2-3 volts. Thank!
Old 11-09-2019, 07:14 AM

Good afternoon Franco! Not clear situation. Redid with one coil 3 turns and an amplifier. Configured the generator at the output of 2.5 volts. I set up a chain of LEDs and lights up at the end of a 470K variable resistor. I connect the amplifier when the antenna is touched, there is no LEDs burning. Even if you wind 4.7k until the first LED lights up, the next one does not light up when you touch the antenna with your hand. For that there is a reaction and the LEDs light up if I touch the battery power with my hand. The top layer is connected to minus. If you turn off the top layer, it reacts to a hand with 10 cm without touching anything.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:03 AM
Guru

Hi all !

Franco Italy LRL very sensitive to E field component. It's raw device not useful at dirty terrains with high mineralization. So much false signals. Spurious signals at rusty iron pieces. If you want to dig old nails and iron is good. All targets are yours.

Better build Geo magnetic lrl modification from Andy Flind. Sch. has given by Geo. Hi Geo !
Old 11-09-2019, 10:24 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahom View Post
Good afternoon Franco! Not clear situation. Redid with one coil 3 turns and an amplifier. Configured the generator at the output of 2.5 volts. I set up a chain of LEDs and lights up at the end of a 470K variable resistor. I connect the amplifier when the antenna is touched, there is no LEDs burning. Even if you wind 4.7k until the first LED lights up, the next one does not light up when you touch the antenna with your hand. For that there is a reaction and the LEDs light up if I touch the battery power with my hand. The top layer is connected to minus. If you turn off the top layer, it reacts to a hand with 10 cm without touching anything.
As I told you privately you have to start by making the original version, that is without the amplifier, following the instructions (helps.txt), touching the antenna the signal at the output of the sensor stage (emitter of TR5) must decrease and therefore if set the threshold to turn on the first led, this should go off by touching the antenna.
You speak of a top layer, but it is the lower one to be connected to the minus and this connection is used to avoid self oscillation. First of all, you have to calibrate the sensor stage in order to have the maximum possible amplification, only then can you connect the display stage.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
As I told you privately you have to start by making the original version, that is without the amplifier, following the instructions (helps.txt), touching the antenna the signal at the output of the sensor stage (emitter of TR5) must decrease and therefore if set the threshold to turn on the first led, this should go off by touching the antenna.
You speak of a top layer, but it is the lower one to be connected to the minus and this connection is used to avoid self oscillation. First of all, you have to calibrate the sensor stage in order to have the maximum possible amplification, only then can you connect the display stage.
Thank! I will continue to configure!
Old 11-16-2019, 01:01 PM
Guru

I used with this version a ferrite antenna,
the antenna reacts to fresh precius metals and not to iron,
I need to know how many volts are needed in the point on the photo to have more results, thank you Mr Franco !
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2019, 02:49 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdou2014 View Post
I used with this version a ferrite antenna,
the antenna reacts to fresh precius metals and not to iron,
I need to know how many volts are needed in the point on the photo to have more results, thank you Mr Franco !
At this point there is an alternating signal superimposed on a continuous voltage, there is no fixed value for good operation, it must be found experimentally. It is necessary to start with the whole cursor towards + 12V (alternating signal = zero) and increase slightly until you have at the X point a signal of about 2 - 3V from peak to peak. Tuning is not easy since the frequency is lower than the 8Mhz version and C13 / C15 may need to be increased. Due to the high gain of the sensor stage, measuring with the oscilloscope at point X could change the working conditions (maybe the sensor stage could auto oscillate). Sometimes it is useful not to ground the oscilloscope.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:18 PM
Guru

with 4.5V my LRL reacts to the precious metals fresh to 10 cm, it does not react to iron, it react to the spark of a battery 1.5V from 1.2 meter , it react also to a magnet from 80cm . a laptop from 3 meters . is it sufficient ???
Old 11-16-2019, 03:22 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdou2014 View Post
with 4.5V my LRL reacts to the precious metals fresh to 10 cm, it does not react to iron, it react to the spark of a battery 1.5V from 1.2 meter , it react also to a magnet from 80cm . a laptop from 3 meters . is it sufficient ???
I don't know what to answer, I've never done these tests, as I always say the real test is in the field. I still find it strange that it reacts to a magnet.
Old 11-16-2019, 03:33 PM
Guru

when I move a magnet quickly to 80 cm it detect it, but by approaching it slowly it detected it at 40 cm , it detects precious metals only when the antenna is pointed to the north or south .
Old 11-16-2019, 03:56 PM
Guru

Attached Images

Old 11-26-2019, 12:21 PM

Dear Franco Thanks for the machine
Dear Franco Is that true?

Old 11-26-2019, 12:51 PM

Problem I do not have 1 Pico capacitors
Is there any solution ?
Old 11-26-2019, 02:39 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahrayar View Post
Problem I do not have 1 Pico capacitors
Is there any solution ?
You can make a capacitor of a few picofads by twisting two isolated rigid wires about 5cm long, two ends will be the terminals to be welded and the other two will be unconnected. This is an old trick used by radio amateurs.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:18 PM

Thanks dear Franco Italian
Old 11-28-2019, 09:45 AM

Dear Franco, Does your device need external support? Like a sine wave sender, for example
Old 11-28-2019, 10:11 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahrayar View Post
Dear Franco, Does your device need external support? Like a sine wave sender, for example
My lrl is a passive receiver, however I think it is possible (for places where it does not work) to try to add an external stimulus.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:34 AM

Thanks dear Franco
I will use the device at a frequency of 60 and try
The device senses the hand from the antenna
Old 11-28-2019, 01:53 PM

mr franco, what do you mean by passive receiver?
Old 11-28-2019, 02:26 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by totob View Post
mr franco, what do you mean by passive receiver?
By passive receiver I mean that there is no transmitting oscillator. The internal quartz oscillator serves only to provide a kind of carrier which is modulated by the "phenomenon".
Old 11-28-2019, 03:03 PM

ok
Old 11-29-2019, 08:44 AM

Dear Franco, Is this output in the TR2 suitable
I used the device in the field of testing, affected by a piece of silver weighing 20 g, only a meter away