LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > The Challenge

Old 12-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Guru

Exclamation Yet Another Challenge for Carl

Kelly Brown of Geo-Global in Colorado has posted a challenge to Carl Moreland on the TreasureNet website. Geo-Global makes claim that its new Treasure-Tracker has the technology to locate gold or silver from up to six miles away. They also claim the technology can discriminate all other metals, and just locate gold or silver, depending on which setting you use.

Mr. Brown’s challenge is not very businesslike, and brings about some suspicion of his company, Geo-Global, as being legitimate. One would think that by taking, and winning Carl Moreland’s $25,000 challenge, would be an excellent springboard for a new business venture to start out. I have copy/pasted Mr. Brown’s challenge as it appears on the TreasureNet website.

Jim

Carl's test
Hey Carl I'll save you some money so you don't have to give up 25K
I challenge Carl or anyone else!
To come to Colorado with your 10 ounce gold bar and bury it on a ten acre area that I have scanned to make sure nothing eles is there. and in one attempt I will locate and retrieve it and it will be mine to keep! see there I will be saving you some money!
If I can't locate it then I am a scam artist as some of you brilliant men say!
Carl's test is to try to prove the instrument doesn't work. I don't have the need to prove it does. But since your so concearned about scams come on out and prove me wrong. But if you do you will depart with that gold bar.
Carl's test is B.S. it is desinged with a pre test that does not apply to the actual test. This is so he can back out of the 25K challenge when something like mine comes along. So if Carl doesn't take my challenge then maybe he is the scam artist?
and if he doesn't take my challenge I think that you should hold the verdict about if it works or not.
Or is that to direct and to simple of a test?
The test is to see if in fact the instrument can locate gold not to see if I can jump through Carl's hoops.
So drop the B.S. pre test come out to Colorado and prove me wrong. If you don't take this challenge
Then some of you may want to hold the verdict. $50 bucks says he will have all the excuses as to why he cant do it or anyone eles!
Because I will take your gold. Ok pal the ball is in your court so come prove me wrong or SHUTT UP. I know you won't risk the gold bar!
P.S. don't bother trying to change the challenge I won't respond. Colorado/Kelly brown
Old 12-11-2005, 03:42 AM

I'm not speaking for Carl, but in reading Mr. Brown's challenge i note a pretest condition on his part. He says he will prescan a patch of ground to make sure nothing is there.

Well any fool with half a brain would see that with a pre dig resistivity plot of said patch, that the simple act of digging a hole to bury the gold bar would change the resistivity of that area and would of course be detectable.

No way Jose, your challenge is "uum bogaso."

P.S. Next time Mr. Brown use a spell checker.
-- Robert Frost

Old 12-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Guru

Thumbs up Carl Moreland Accepts Challenge

12/11/2005 – TreasureNet website

Carl Moreland has accepted the challenge made by Kelly Brown A.K.A. Geo-Global of Colorado. Below is the copy/paste of Carl’s acceptance.

Hoorah Carl! Jim

Normally, my challenge is for dowsing-based LRLs, and I do not offer to travel because there are just too many deluded users of LRLs for me to waste that much money on. I make an exception for LRL manufacturers, who know exactly what they are doing.

This is a little different, in that Mr. Brown apparently is the "manufacturer," even though he doesn't sell the device, so I believe he falls under the "knows exactly what they are doing" category. And, Mike has offered to pay my travel expenses. I just hope it's not limited to Greyhound.

So, heck yeah, I'll accept Kelly's and Mike's offer. However, I will get to chose the property that the gold is hidden on, so I can ensure there are no information leaks. If Kelly finds the gold, in one try, he gets to keep it.

So, how's the weather in Colorado? Do we need to wait til Spring?

As an alternative, you can bring the unit to NC, for a shot at my $25,000, using the standard double-blind test. And, yes, I will waive the "pre-test," though I don't understand the objection to it. It is, by far, the easiest part of the test, because the target is in full view, exactly like in your video. The purpose of the pre-test is to allow you a few practice runs to ensure conditions are correct, and so everyone understands exactly how the real trials are conducted. It does not give me an opportunity to bow out.

So, I have 2 questions... how far can the Treasure Tracker reliably locate a 10-ounce gold bar? And, do magnets affect the receiver unit?

- Carl
Old 12-30-2005, 02:47 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
12/11/2005 – TreasureNet website

Carl Moreland has accepted the challenge made by Kelly Brown A.K.A. Geo-Global of Colorado. Below is the copy/paste of Carl’s acceptance.

No. Apparently he backed out.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:10 PM

Carl, Is this so, has Mr. Brown backed out (lost his nerve) or what? Inquisitive little grey cells want to know.

Happy New Year guy,
-- Robert Frost

Old 12-31-2005, 12:46 AM
Administrator

As I wrote on TNet, I'm perfectly willing to accept Kelly's challenge, if we can reach a test protocol that we both can accept as fair. I'm willing to work towards this goal, but they are demanding a certain condition that can easily permit information leakage, and do not want to budge. Whenever they want to work this out, I'm ready.

However, Michael and I have been working out the details of my own $25,000 challenge, which is separate from Kelly's challenge. I've been very flexible in making changes to the challenge, to satisfy all the requests Michael has made. So, it looks like this test will go forward.

- Carl
Old 01-29-2006, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largesarge
I'm not speaking for Carl, but in reading Mr. Brown's challenge i note a pretest condition on his part. He says he will prescan a patch of ground to make sure nothing is there.

Well any fool with half a brain would see that with a pre dig resistivity plot of said patch, that the simple act of digging a hole to bury the gold bar would change the resistivity of that area and would of course be detectable.

No way Jose, your challenge is "uum bogaso."

P.S. Next time Mr. Brown use a spell checker.

████████████████████████████████████████ He never said anything about using anything but his unit. No resistivity, ███████.

<snipped>

[Moderator's note: NO FLAMING]

Last edited by Carl-NC; 01-30-2006 at 02:52 AM.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Carl, Is this so, has Mr. Brown backed out (lost his nerve) or what? Inquisitive little grey cells want to know.

Happy New Year guy,
No read it. Carl did.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:28 AM

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Now as the saftey of this country. I would dare say that it would be in much better hands with me than an individual like you who seems to habor some animus toward the military.

Know this █████████████ that if it weren't for those like me, from the time this country was founded, who gave of themselves so █████████ you could live in the freest most prosperous society this world has ever known, your life could be very different.

In closing I notice that you checked my profile to find out that I am a retired GI. I unlike you am not afraid to tell the world who and what I am and am d**ned proud of what I have done with my life.

Dennis Sheridan
TSgt, USAF Ret.
-- Robert Frost

Last edited by Carl-NC; 01-30-2006 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Folks, I don't mind people disagreeing, or debating, or anything else. But I will NOT allow name-calling, or attacks on character. Keep it civil, or I will delete entire posts.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Now as the saftey of this country. I would dare say that it would be in much better hands with me than an individual like you who seems to habor some animus toward the military.

Know this █████████████ that if it weren't for those like me, from the time this country was founded, who gave of themselves so █████████ you could live in the freest most prosperous society this world has ever known, your life could be very different.

In closing I notice that you checked my profile to find out that I am a retired GI. I unlike you am not afraid to tell the world who and what I am and am d**ned proud of what I have done with my life.

Dennis Sheridan
TSgt, USAF Ret.
Wrong again... I hold no animus for any of the branches. My Father fought in WW2 with honor. I support our troops 100%. We send them care packages & the like. I apprieciate everything they do. Although I am not sure I agree with the statement about the freest society the world has ever known anymore.
Your the one who attacked another man unprovolked & told an untruth about his challenge to Carl to make it seem unfair. (noticed you didn't readdress that)
Then took a cheap shot at his spelling.
Also I did not look up your profile. It says Retired USAF on your tag line.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:55 PM

I realized that it said USAF Ret. after I posted, sorry 'bout that.

As to the prescan, any scan of the test area, whether it be electronic or other, gives that individual fore-knowlege of the test area and that is unfair.

Let me suggest instead that the two combatants engage my services. They will pay my room, board and travel (expenses would be kept as low as possible) to a location of my choice, once there I would secure a plot for the test. At that point they would join me, Mr. Brown and his device, Mr. Moreland and his gold. While they remained in the hamlet closest to the plot I would go and bury the gold. After the burial I would then return to said hamlet and the two gentelmen would accompany me to the plot where Mr. brown would attempt to locate the boodle.

I have no interest in this test other than to be recompenced for my expenses.
I will also say that while I don't generally believe that LRL's work, my mind is open to being changed. I am not personally aquainted with either of the two gentelmen and have no axe to grind in relation to either side.

This of course is tongue-in-cheek because I doubt that either would agree with it.

Ya'll take care out there.
-- Robert Frost

Old 01-30-2006, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I realized that it said USAF Ret. after I posted, sorry 'bout that.

As to the prescan, any scan of the test area, whether it be electronic or other, gives that individual fore-knowlege of the test area and that is unfair.

Let me suggest instead that the two combatants engage my services. They will pay my room, board and travel (expenses would be kept as low as possible) to a location of my choice, once there I would secure a plot for the test. At that point they would join me, Mr. Brown and his device, Mr. Moreland and his gold. While they remained in the hamlet closest to the plot I would go and bury the gold. After the burial I would then return to said hamlet and the two gentelmen would accompany me to the plot where Mr. brown would attempt to locate the boodle.

I have no interest in this test other than to be recompenced for my expenses.
I will also say that while I don't generally believe that LRL's work, my mind is open to being changed. I am not personally aquainted with either of the two gentelmen and have no axe to grind in relation to either side.

This of course is tongue-in-cheek because I doubt that either would agree with it.

Ya'll take care out there.
I believe the prescan is so he can rule out any natural gold deposits that might interfere with the test.
Anyway the test will never happen. Brown won't budge on the protocol that was originally agreed to by Carl. Because of the money involved there is no trust on either side. So it looks like we'll never know.

Good Luck.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by navajo
I believe the prescan is so he can rule out any natural gold deposits that might interfere with the test.
Anyway the test will never happen. Brown won't budge on the protocol that was originally agreed to by Carl. Because of the money involved there is no trust on either side. So it looks like we'll never know.

Good Luck.
There are other developments happening in the background, so it's very likely that we will know at some point in the near future.

I don't disagree with Kelly's desire to prescan a location for natural gold. But when the target is planted, I have to be 100% sure that the site is secure and, depending on the site, that it is completely secure for a few weeks while all traces of activity have time to vanish. A preselected site does not provide that security.

My requirement, and Kelly's requirement, are at fundamental odds for this particular kind of test. And, for whatever reason, Kelly was not willing to even discuss any possible solution, so that's pretty much the end of that.

Let's move on...

- Carl
Old 01-30-2006, 09:44 PM

I think you're right Carl, but I don't think the patch I would chosen would have much chance of natural gold in (probably a patch of midwest farmland) but as Navajo said "it looks like we'll never know."

Forward Ho
-- Robert Frost

Old 06-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Guru

Being I started this thread, it would only be fitting that I end it, as well.

Like hearing a ghost from the past, Kelly Brown spoke up this past June 15th in regards to his Long Range Locator, the Treasure Tracker. In a brief post on the TreasureNet website, Mr. Brown stated:

hello it has been a long time since I have posted here. I recieved an e-mail notifying me that there was a reply. Which I too was supprised that the post was still here. To answer your questions.
Nope not rich!
and of course it is obveious to assume the instrumentation doesn't work. There now see many of you were right! Colorado
Old 06-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Being I started this thread, it would only be fitting that I end it, as well.

Like hearing a ghost from the past, Kelly Brown spoke up this past June 15th in regards to his Long Range Locator, the Treasure Tracker. In a brief post on the TreasureNet website, Mr. Brown stated:

hello it has been a long time since I have posted here. I recieved an e-mail notifying me that there was a reply. Which I too was supprised that the post was still here. To answer your questions.
Nope not rich!
and of course it is obveious to assume the instrumentation doesn't work. There now see many of you were right! Colorado
And you believe that?

How naive... Well, what else to expect from a top arm-chair skeptic from the old TNET days...
Kelly is an artist.

You don't know half of the story, buddy.
Sorry, I won't tell you.
Yeah... 'the instrumentation doesn't work...'
Old 06-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung View Post
And you believe that?

How naive... Well, what else to expect from a top arm-chair skeptic from the old TNET days...
Kelly is an artist.

Sorry, I won't tell you.
This is from constructive and usefull posts like this one that nice forums like Geothech are not made
Old 06-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Guru

Quote:
And you believe that?

Kelly is an artist.

Sorry, I won't tell you.
I believe in things that actually work.

I believe you lack the intelligence to make rational objectivity posts.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
And you believe that?

How naive...
The pot calling the kettle black?