LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > The Challenge

Old 05-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Administrator

Default Bob Yocum

Just got an email from Bob Yocum, who manufactures & sells LRLs. I s'poze he read my report on the Omni-range Master he sells.

Quote:
Email 5/1/2006

I have noticed that you are on the internet slamming our tehcnique in looking for and finding ore bodies and treasure.

I will now challenge you and your equipment as to performance, discrimination, accuracy, distance, penetration ability, and also the ability to track a moving target.

This will be a public contest between you and your equipment and mine. It will be held here in the Gardnerville/Minden, NV. area.

This is a PUT UP or SHUT UP situation. I would welcome any other metal detector dealer who wishes to challenge me to enter this contest with you.

The number I can be reached at is 1-775-782-6664.

Regards,

Bob Yocum, President
Prospector & Treasure Hunters
U S A
My reply:

Quote:
Email 5/1/2006

Hi Bob,

I don't manufacture or sell any equipment of any kind. However, I do offer a $25,000 prize for anyone who can successfully demonstrate an LRL in a simple randomized blind test. Details of the challenge are on my web site.

Also, I own one of your Omni-range Master (I guess you saw my report!), so I already know for a fact that it cannot detect gold. But if you have another LRL that "really works" then let me know, and we can draw up a contract for the test.

Regards,
Carl
Maybe Bob has a new LRL that does more than just put money in his pocket. We'll see...

- Carl
Old 05-19-2006, 02:05 AM
Administrator

From 5/7/2006:

Quote:
Bob,

I'm a little disappointed that I did not get a quick reply from you accepting my $25,000 challenge. It is a serious offer, and I am willing to travel to Gardnerville for the test. You are not required to put up any funds whatsoever, so you have absolutely nothing to lose providing, of course, you have an LRL that can truly detect gold from a distance. If so, then my $25,000 prize will be phenomenally easy to win.

I look forward to working out the details of the challenge with you, and finally seeing an LRL that can do more than just wallet mining.

Regards,
Carl

$25,000 Challenge: http://www.thunting.com/geotech/reward.html
Old 05-19-2006, 02:07 AM
Administrator

From 5/17/2006:

Quote:
Bob,

Since you haven't replied to my last two emails, I decided to go ahead and propose a test for my $25,000 challenge. Actually, I will propose three different challenges, and you can pick any one.

For your "Omni Range Master" LRL, you specifically claim that "the Range Master will accurately locate 61 different minerals including many gemstones and 5 gravities of crude oil with 100% discrimination." Also, "accuracy of 1/32 of an inch from 50 feet to over 8 miles."

I challenge your Omni Range Master, with YOU as the operator, to successfully and repeatedly locate a 10-ounce 0.999-fine gold bar in a standard randomized double-blind test. This is the same test described on my web site, which uses 10 marked locations, involves 10 trials at a distance of 10 or more feet, with a repeatability of 70% or more, all of which are substantially easier than your claims. If you are successful in at least 7 of the 10 attempts, I will pay you $25,000, plus give you the gold bar.

As an alternate challenge, I will bury the 10-ounce gold bar, and a 10-ounce 0.999-fine silver bar, in an area of 1 square mile (640 acres). You will be allowed up to 12 hours (all in a single day) to locate them, using ONLY the Omni Range Master... no metal detector, or any other device, since you claim the ORM has such phenomenal accuracy. If you are successful, I will pay you $25,000, plus give you the gold & silver bars.

Finally, you state that "all frequencies, electronics, technique, and units are patented." If you can provide documented evidence that all your frequencies, electronics, techniques, and units are legally patented with a recognized national patent office (e.g., the USPTO), then I will pay you $25,000.

I hope you will find one of these challenges acceptable. They directly address specific claims you have made of your products and, if your claims are true, I'm sure you will be eager to back them up and take my money in the process. I think you'll agree that I have now "put up."

In the unlikely event that you are unable or unwilling to substantiate your claims, I hope you will have the courtesy to reply to that effect, and I will not bother you any more with this matter.

Regards,
Carl Moreland
Geotech
Old 05-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Administrator

From 5/18/2006:

Quote:
Carl, I am not interested in your $25,000 or your testing area!

My challenge to you is free. I will prove the following to you, as I have to many customers:

1. 100% discrimination against all other metals or elements other than the one the unit is set on.

2. Distance of 8 miles with 22 grams of Uranium or a 50-calibre bullet, small meteorite, 10 grams of Tantalum, Rhenium, Hefnium, Europium, Nickel, Silver, Gold, and any member of the Platinum/Palladium group.

3. Place a piece of gold (fly-speck size) between two bags of lead shot (25 lbs each). Put the Omni on the gold frequency and the Omni will pick up the gold and ignore the lead.

4. The Omni-Range Master will track an Emerald, or any of the elements listed previously, by having the target carried around in a circle by another person.
a) With regard to the live 50-calibre bullet, the Omni-Range Master will track it on Copper, Zinc, Sulphur, Carbon. I do not have the frequency for nitrates yet. The accuracy of 1/32 of an inch will still be applicable.

5. If you have the balls to come here for a demonstration on the above, it will be held in a public park approximately 1-1/2 miles from my office.

6. In addition to the above, I have found many meteorites with this equipment using different frequencies. They vary from 1/2 to 100 lbs.

7. Also, who or what is "Geotech"? Is it a word invented by you, a corporation, or a legitimate testing company?

You have cost me a ton of money with your false, negative advertisements on the Internet. I did not know that you were at the bottom of all of this until a customer in Alaska sent us a copy.

I repeat, if you or any metal detector company wish to stand up and challenge me, I will arrange a public demonstration/challenge here in a park in the Minden/Gardnerville area.

Regards,
Bob Yocum
Old 05-19-2006, 02:10 AM
Administrator

From 5/18/2006:

Quote:
Bob,

I will gladly come to Gardnerville. However, any demonstration of the Omni-Range Master would need to be performed under blind conditions; otherwise there is no way to tell if the device is working, or whether you are intentionally steering the rods based on what you see and know.

So, if I place a small piece of gold (I'm willing to make it larger than fly-speck sized) under a randomly chosen paper plate out of 10, completely unknown to you and anyone else, can you determine which paper plate it's under? Can you do this at least 7 out of 10 times? That's basically what I require to win my $25,000. And, yes, we can do it in the public park you referred to, since I can easily conceal the gold in such a manner that not even witnesses can tell where I've placed it.

So far, not a single LRL I've ever seen (and I own quite a few) has the ability to detect gold or anything else of value, even when supposedly "expert" users are tested. And, so far as well, not a single LRL manufacturer has been willing to take my challenge. I truly hope you will be the first.

Regards,
Carl
Old 05-27-2006, 02:19 AM
Administrator

From 5/23/2006:

Quote:
Bob,

I will assume, based on your silence, that your LRL equipment is unable to actually locate gold, or anything else worthwhile (with the possible exception of a buyer's wallet!), and would therefore utterly fail in scientific testing. If that is the case, I am not surprised. All dowsing-rod-based LRL equipment is bogus, and nothing but an excercise in self-deception, or possibly outright fraud.

I will leave open my offer to come to Gardnerville and let you take a shot at my $25,000, whenever you might feel confident that your equipment works better than guessing.

Regards,
Carl
Old 05-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Guru

Default Treasure Tracker

You backed out Kelly's challenge tring to twist what he proposed initialy.
I folowed all the posts in TNET.
His treasure tracker would have knock you down. I have contact with him since last year and know he's for real.
How come you expect someone will take you seriously regarding your contests or wharever????
Old 05-28-2006, 12:22 AM
Administrator

Kelly's "challenge" was set up in such a way that cheating was possible. I tried to propose changes that we both could agree to, but Kelly wouldn't budge an inch. A mutually agreeable protocol is an absolute must; I'm very flexible with my own challenge, as long as good scientific protocols are preserved.

Did you know that Mike Tune (Kelly's partner) and I have completely worked out a contract for a test of the Treasure Tracker? This is for the whole $25,000. Mike and I went through several rounds of changes, and I made quite a few concessions.

Did you know that earlier this year, Kelly came within 30 miles of my house, and did not bother to contact me? This was after Mike and I completed the contract, and I had already made it clear to Kelly that he could use the same contract. Apparently, he had the time to take money from a "client" (and what was surely much less than $25,000), but no time to take my money.

If this Treasure Tracker can so easily win my challenge, why are these guys avoiding it?

- Carl
Old 05-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Guru

Carl, Kelly's challenge had nothing to do with your own.
I've read every post regarding it and could see how you accepted at first and then when you perceived that the device could be for real, you started to twist what you had already accepted. Remember the 'greyhound annoyance'?

With all respect, what would be of you if the Treasure Tracker or Mineoro or whatever proves to find gold?
What purpose would have all your campaign and other's skeptics to keep existing? What role would you play in forums after that?
This is my answer to your queston. Simple as that. Did you get it?

Exactly like the weapons of mass destruction US was expecting to find in Iraq. If wasn't for that there would be 999 other left for the invasion...
Old 05-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung
Carl, Kelly's challenge had nothing to do with your own.
I've read every post regarding it and could see how you accepted at first and then when you perceived that the device could be for real, you started to twist what you had already accepted.
Yes, I know it was a separate challenge. But do you believe that a challenge should be fair? That's all I asked for. Personally, I believe the intention of his "challenge" was to set up conditions that I would not possibly accept, so when I declined, he could then beat his chest and say ol' Carl backed down. I found the premise of the challenge to be acceptable, and had he agreed to a minor change, I would have gone out there in a heartbeat. But, as you know, he would not even discuss it.

Apparently, you did not know that I wrote up a full contract for these guys, that we both agreed was fair. Would I have done that if I was the least bit concerned that the Treasure Tracker was "for real"?

And, what does it tell you, when Kelly comes right by my house (oh, yes, he knew it!), and doesn't bother to contact me? Does that sound like a man who is confident that he can win my challenge? Or someone who wants to avoid me?

Quote:
With all respect, what would be of you if the Treasure Tracker or Mineoro or whatever proves to find gold?
What purpose would have all your campaign and other's skeptics to keep existing? What role would you play in forums after that?
This is my answer to your queston. Simple as that. Did you get it?
I'm not sure why you would be concerned about all that. If someone came along with a locator that Really Works, and they took my money, then, well, I will have found a locator that Really Works! And that's one of the purposes of my challenge... to flush out the Real Deal.

But, so far, all I see are false claims and outright fraud. I own 20 (maybe more, not really sure) LRLs, and not a single one of them will locate gold. At all. I am well-versed in electronics and physics, and I understand that the claimed concepts behind LRLs are just as bogus as the devices themselves. I also understand how "demonstrations" can be manipulated to give "positive" results. And that's the other purpose of my challenge... to flush out the frauds.

Yocum understands that he could not hope to succeed in a real, scientific test. You can see that in his reply, where he wants complete control over the "test" conditions. (And, he's not interested in my $25,000!!! Boy, have I heard that one before! Nobody wants easy money!) All of the other LRL manufacturers -- Mineoro, Dell, Afilani, Fitzgerald, Kellyco, etc -- understand this as well. As does Kelly Brown, Bill Floto, and others who offer "LRL services".

So, ya, one day I might lose my money. But you shouldn't worry about that. I sure don't.

- Carl
Old 05-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Guru

Carl,

I just talked to Kelly. He told me one of your friends saw him detect several targets. This guy warned you about that. Also Kelly claims the prize is just an excuse for your clear attempt to see how it works and try to reverse engineer it.
This is really a major concern and not even a million dollar would be worth if this happens.
I don't want to discuss this with you as it will lead to an endless empty debate as you have your one position of what happened for this challenge not suceeding and Kelly has his.
I think the relevant factor is that Kelly knows his detector is for real and he's recovering things in the field for contractors. He never wanted to sell it because he wants to be the only one to use it.
I have my detector and I also know that Mineoro is for real. You have an early PDC. Alhtough was the first of the series, it worked as I already told you my partner in my team owned one and found the 1832 gold coins with it. If you could not make it to work once you opened it and ruined some mechanism or indeed tried to copy it, I don't know.
All of the items found by Mineoros are reported by the people who did not want to be anonimous.
There are dozens who remains so.
Damasio is not worried about your back engineering possibility but as I also said he is also concerned of legal issues this might lead. Mineoro is not a small corporation as many of these LRLs seem to be. So.. we hit a dead end here.
No need to discuss this.

Maybe Bob Yocum is too busy right now recovering things with his detector. Maybe he's worried just as Kelly of a possible reverse engineering attempt.
Time will tell.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hung
I just talked to Kelly. He told me one of your friends saw him detect several targets.
Right... I'm told nothing was dug up, or recovered. No treasure.

Quote:
This guy warned you about that. Also Kelly claims the prize is just an excuse for your clear attempt to see how it works and try to reverse engineer it.
This is really a major concern and not even a million dollar would be worth if this happens.
I would not be able to do that, as I would not have access to the device. In fact, one of the clauses I added to the contract, at Mike's request, is that I not be allowed to touch the device. So Kelly's claim is bogus.

Since this excuse already had been dealt with in the contract, why would Kelly NOT try to take my money, when he was right here?

Quote:
I think the relevant factor is that Kelly knows his detector is for real and he's recovering things in the field for contractors. He never wanted to sell it because he wants to be the only one to use it.
I'm told that he has not recovered any treasure.

Quote:
I have my detector and I also know that Mineoro is for real. You have an early PDC. Alhtough was the first of the series, it worked as I already told you my partner in my team owned one and found the 1832 gold coins with it. If you could not make it to work once you opened it and ruined some mechanism or indeed tried to copy it, I don't know.
All of the items found by Mineoros are reported by the people who did not want to be anonimous.
There are dozens who remains so.
Damasio is not worried about your back engineering possibility but as I also said he is also concerned of legal issues this might lead. Mineoro is not a small corporation as many of these LRLs seem to be. So.. we hit a dead end here.
No need to discuss this.
OK. When Mineoro can demonstrate their LRL in a fully objective test, then we can discuss it.

Quote:
Maybe Bob Yocum is too busy right now recovering things with his detector. Maybe he's worried just as Kelly of a possible reverse engineering attempt. Time will tell.
Or, maybe his LRLs don't work.

- Carl
Old 06-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-NC
Right... I'm told nothing was dug up, or recovered. No treasure.- Carl
I donno, Carl. According to the “Testimonials” page on Kelly Brown’s website Todd (NG) Hall of Reidsville, NC was very pleased with the performance of the Treasure-Tracker LRL contraption. Mr. Hall stated “Not one time out of many did we come up with anything other than Gold or Silver.” (http://tinyurl.com/k7eae)
Old 06-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I donno, Carl. According to the “Testimonials” page on Kelly Brown’s website Todd (NG) Hall of Reidsville, NC was very pleased with the performance of the Treasure-Tracker LRL contraption. Mr. Hall stated “Not one time out of many did we come up with anything other than Gold or Silver.” (http://tinyurl.com/k7eae)
Planted targets, I'm told. Still no treasure recovery...
Old 06-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Guru

From Todd Hall:

This unit the "Treasure Tracker" does exactly what Mr. Brown has said it will do and works every time! Previous incidents with other people claiming their instrumentation was "perfect" had at one time cost me quite a sum of money and I was definitely not going to let that happen again.

For his words, I think it's a 'case closed'.
Kelly and I are keeping in touch and it's a pleasure to see the treasure tracker working fine and trully locating buried gold as the Mineoros.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Continuing with the Bob Yocum challenge...

Quote:
Email 5/30/2006

Carl, I am disappointed at your insulting claims of our equipment being an outright 'fraud'.

On Friday, May 26, 2006, I made arrangements to rent the Pavillion in Lampe Park on July 15, 2006 starting at 12 Noon - 3:00pm.

Not only will your piece of gold be under a paper plate (10 of them), but I will hand you nine (9) laboratory-tested samples to place under the other plates at random - known only by you. The test samples are rated at a purity of approximately 96% to 99%. I suggest putting these plates in a line 4 to 6 feet apart. This will be your part of the public demonstration and will be the last part.

I will be inviting the investigator from Consumer Affairs and any other employee of that Office who wishes to attend this demonstration/test.

Carl, since you have accused me of fraud and theft, I am going to change my mind concerning the $25,000 reward for proving our technology will find not only 'your' piece of gold, but all of the other 9 minerals I give you to place under the other 9 plates.

I will be using this opportunity to show off our Omni-Range Master to the general public and other interested organizations.

Regarding your $25,000 prize money, don't forget to bring your checkbook.

Regards,

Bob Yocum
President
Prospector & Treasure Hunter's Hdqtrs., INc.
U S A

Old 09-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Administrator

My reply:

Quote:
Email 5/30/2006

Bob,

This is fantastic! However, you've jumped the gun a bit on scheduling... I have a prior committment on the weekend of July 15, as well as the weekend before. I will probably be available the latter half of July, but I suggest we iron out all the details of the test before nailing down a date.

I need to know a few things...

1) Are you saying that you will correctly identify the locations of all 10 samples that are hidden?

2) What are the rough sizes of the samples? I.e., are they large pieces of metal, or granules, or what? How are they identified?

3) What device(s) do you propose to use during the test?

4) Does paper, or cardboard, or plastic, or styrofoam (etc) create a barrier to detection?

5) Are there any considerations for other interferers, i.e., people who wear jewelry, solar activity, weather, moon phase, etc. ?

In the test, you will only be allowed to get within 10 feet of the plates. Would you want wider spacing?

I will begin writing up a contract for the test, and send you a rough draft in the next few days. We can proceed from there.

Regards,
Carl
Old 09-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Continuing...

Quote:
Email 5/31/2006

Carl - Can you make it on Sat., July 22? Same time - same place. Advise ASAP.

Bob
Quote:
Email 5/31/2006

Tentatively, yes. But I will need to maintain flexibility in my travel plans, so I reserve the right to change that if necessary.

- Carl
Old 09-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Administrator

No reply on my questions, so I sent a reminder:

Quote:
Email 6/5/2006

Bob,

I still need answers to the following...

- Do you claim that you will correctly identify the locations of all 10 samples that are hidden?

- What are the samples that you will provide? What are the rough sizes of the samples? I.e., are they large pieces of metal, or granules, or what? How are they identified?

- What device(s) do you propose to use during the test?

- Does paper, or cardboard, or plastic, or styrofoam (etc) create a barrier to detection?

- Are there any considerations for other interferers, i.e., people who wear jewelry, solar activity, weather, moon phase, etc. ?

- In the test, you will only be allowed to get within 10 feet of the plates. Would you want wider spacing?

I cannot write up a contract for the test without details of the protocol. If you have any other concerns or requirements for the protocol, please let me know.

Regards,
Carl
Quote:
Email 6/7/2006

As we agreed, there will be 10 plastic plates that will be used to conceal one Gold sample. The other 9 samples will be placed under the other plates.....1 sample per plate. The plates will be 4' to 6' apart in a line that will be 100' to 150' away from the Omni-Range Master.

I will select and list all metals that are to be used so that I will know which frequency to select for each metal under each plate. I am expecting 100% discrimination in identifying the metal under each plate.

These samples are all laboratory-grade testing samples 95% to 99.99% pure and are still in the same marked containers in which I received them.

The amounts in each container vary from .5 grams to 25 grams. There is nothing that can create a barrier to finding any substance for which we have a frequency. Even having the target shielded in lead 2" thick won't stop the signal.

Weather conditions or jewelry won't have an adverse affect on this test because the samples we will use are quite rare.

I expect to start from a distance of 30' to 50' away from the Omni and run a line exactly to the correct plate which the sample is under.

You will be given 9 samples to place under each enclosure. You will be the only person who will know the correct location for each specimen until I find them.

As I've indicated previously, I will use this as a promotion for my product.

The invitations to this test will go out to a judge; consumer affairs officer; deputy district atty; police chief; Congressman Jim Gibbons (NV); and Marine military officers, etc.

Lampe Park is a busy place and must be scheduled for rental space. The available dates left are 7/22, 8/5 and 8/12 - all Saturdays. I require a firm date from you ASAP before these dates are taken. If your schedule is too tight, I will have to advertise and run the same demo myself on one of these available dates.

Regards,

Bob Yocum

Old 09-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Continuing...

Quote:
Email 6/7/2006
I will select and list all metals that are to be used so that I will know which frequency to select for each metal under each plate. I am expecting 100% discrimination in identifying the metal under each plate.
I will need to know the identity of the metals for the contract.
These samples are all laboratory-grade testing samples 95% to 99.99% pure and are still in the same marked containers in which I received them.
What are the sizes of the containers?
As I've indicated previously, I will use this as a promotion for my product.

The invitations to this test will go out to a judge; consumer affairs officer; deputy district atty; police chief; Congressman Jim Gibbons (NV); and Marine military officers, etc.

Lampe Park is a busy place and must be scheduled for rental space. The available dates left are 7/22, 8/5 and 8/12 - all Saturdays. I require a firm date from you ASAP before these dates are taken. If your schedule is too tight, I will have to advertise and run the same demo myself on one of these available dates.
Barring any issues, I am planning on July 22. However, my only interest is seeing whether your product performs in a fair test; I have no interest in your promotional efforts.

- Carl
Old 09-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Continuing...

Quote:
Email 6/9/2006

We have changed the date of the demonstration to SATURDAY, JULY 22, 2006 from 12 Noon to 3PM. This will be held in the Pavilion in Lampe Park, Waterloo Lane off Hwy 395 (Main Street) in Gardnerville, NV.

There will be no further changes.

Barbara for
Prospector & Treasure Hunters

U S A
Quote:
Email 6/9/2006

Carl - The samples I will give you to use in my demonstration at Lampe Park are in their original containers and are labelled as to their contents.

In answer to your question re the size of the specimen containers, there are only two sizes:

1-1/2" x 2-1/2" and 1/2" x 2-1/2"

All but two of these samples are in the form of metal slugs, spheres or powder - the heaviest being 25 grams.

Bob Yocum
Old 09-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Administrator

A draft contract was sent for Bob to review:

Quote:
Email 6/29/2006

Bob,

Attached is a draft contract for the LRL challenge. Please review it and let me know if you have any concerns, additional requirements, or whatever.

Have you contacted the Nevada investigator? Will he be able to come?

Regards,
Carl
Old 09-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Bob replies:

Quote:
Email 7/7/2006

Carl, give me a step-by-step description of your double-blind test.

What are you expecting it to accomplish over and above ALL the tests that I am going to use in order to prove:
100% discrimination
Accuracy - 1/32 of an inch
Distance of 8 miles
Tracking ability

I will also be using two meteorites in the preliminary test to show that the Omni-Range Master can pick out all of the main minerals present - at least the large ones. Forty-three (43) lbs will be used in the tracking test for nickel, tantalum and osmium.

Also, regarding your contract, how do we arrange to have both notarized signtures on the same copy of the same contract?

Though Consumer Affairs has been invited, I have not had a response from them.

Regards,

Bob Yocum
At this point, I notice that Bob is trying to get me interested in his tests.

Quote:
Email 7/7/2006
Carl, give me a step-by-step description of your double-blind test.
I pretty much did that in the contract...

The 10 samples will be placed in identical containers, and sand will be added to roughly equalize the weights and/or volumes. The containers will be randomized, sealed with tape, and labeled 1-10. This will be done by myself, in complete seclusion. At this point no one, not even myself, will know which container contains which sample.

The containers will be placed out as you requested, and you will then use your LRL to determine which container holds which sample. You will not be allowed to get closer than 10 feet to the containers, nor use any equipment besides the LRL, nor open any of the containers until you are completely done. You will then get to open each container to see if your identifications were correct.

8 or more correct, you win $25,000 plus the 10-ounce gold bar.
What are you expecting it to accomplish over and above ALL the tests that I am going to use in order to prove:
100% discrimination
Accuracy - 1/32 of an inch
Distance of 8 miles
Tracking ability

I've seen similar tests to these... they prove nothing at all, except your ability to manipulate the L-rods when you know the location of the target. I'm not the least bit interested in these kinds of non-tests.

Ferinstance, you mentioned the "fly speck" piece of gold between bags of lead shot... all you have to do is point the rods at the obviously visible bags and say, "See, I'm picking up the gold that's there." But what if I stuck that tiny piece of gold inside a lead fishing weight, then placed it and 9 other identical fishing weights out in a line... could you identify which one contains the speck of gold? I'll bet no better than someone who just guesses.
I will also be using two meteorites in the preliminary test to show that the Omni-Range Master can pick out all of the main minerals present - at least the large ones. Forty-three (43) lbs will be used in the tracking test for nickel, tantalum and osmium.
Again, you know the location of the meteorites and the minerals they contain, so it is a bogus test.
Also, regarding your contract, how do we arrange to have both notarized signtures on the same copy of the same contract?
Two copies... I will send you a notarized copy, and you send me one.
Though Consumer Affairs has been invited, I have not had a response from them.
I've talked to them... they're not interested in any tests. Their standard of proof is published scientific evidences to back up any claims. So regarding your problems with them, this test will make no difference.

Regards,
Carl
Old 09-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Administrator

It is 8 days before the scheduled test date:

Quote:
Email 7/14/2006

Carl -

How should I get this notarized contract to you? Forward your fax or address or how?

Waiting to hear from you.

Bob
Quote:
Email 7/14/2006

What I sent you was a draft... were there any changes you wanted? If not, I will finalize it and send you a new PDF. I am traveling now and this will have to wait until I return next week. You can then sign/notarize a copy and send it to

Carl Moreland
PO Box 184
Oak Ridge, NC 27310

At this point, it is highly unlikely I will be able to make the July 22 date. This is why I don't like to establish a date until AFTER the contract is fully agreed upon. It will likely be late August until I can fly out to NV, depending on how some other committments pan out.

- Carl
Old 09-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Bob now claims that he did not know the contract I sent him was a draft, for his review and feedback, even though I clearly stated it was.

Once again, he talks up the tests that he has devised.

Quote:
Email 7/19/2006

Carl, the only reason we sent you an e-mail on Friday, July 14, 2006, was because we had no address to send the copy of the document entitled, "Contract" back to you with my notarized signature on it. That was the FIRST notice we had that you were NOT going to attend the demonstration.

If we had not sent the above e-mail, we would not have known you were not going to be present until the day of the demonstration.

We will hold this demonstration with or without you! Enough credible people will be present to act as honest proctors in all of our tests.

In all of these tests we will have at least two proctors. In our accuracy of 1/32" test approximately 150' away from the Omni-Range Master, one proctor will be instructed to watch my hands to be sure I don't move or tilt my hands to make the rods cross. To satisfy any critic, the other one will be watching my feet to be sure that my feet do not move either. This test will be conducted from the north, south, east and west of the Omni.

I will also place a fly-speck of gold between two-25 lb bags of lead shot; turn the Omni on the gold frequency; and prove that the gold will be picked up and the lead will be ignored. We will repeat this test with a red emerald and a small vial of 99.9999% pure Gallium.

We will then test the tracking ability of the Omni on 22 grams of Uranium, 99.7% pure; nitrates, 50-caliber bullet, and nickel again. My hands will be watched to make sure I am not moving them.

The next test will be the one you are afraid of.....placing ten containers out in a line - each approximately 6' apart containing 9 laboratory-grade metals and one of gold. Two proctors will make sure that I don't see which metal is placed in which container and to see if I can identify (100%) the location of each metal.

As a last test, if I have any takers left, I will prove distance and accuracy by taking either the Uranium or the 50-caliber bullet to a location at least 8 miles away and still have 1/32" accuracy.

Finally Carl, you have called me a thief regarding other people's wallets; and an 'exercise in fraud'. These remarks are very insulting and certainly not appreciated.

We cancelled one demonstration date and until last Friday, we believed the July 22nd date was a good one for you. And now, per your e-mail of July 14, 2006, you won't be able to be in Nevada until late August 'depending on how some other commitments pan out".

Carl, there will be no other times you will be able to cancel a demonstration appointment. As far as I am concerned, you have no integrity, an acid tongue, and you're a paper tiger!

Bob Yocum

PS: I am sending you the signed notarized copy of the "Contract" so that you see it was notarized.