LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 04-22-2024, 04:55 PM
Guru

Gas lawn mowers and two-stroke chain saws can create much interference. Cars, too. I don’t like working near heavy traffic. Diesel engines not so bad.
Old 04-22-2024, 05:25 PM
Guru

Tip #3: A couple ways to recharge yourself. Rub the palms of your hands together for sixty seconds. This stimulated the acupuncture meridians. Another one is turn on water faucet and hold the palms of your hands near the running water. There is an ion flow. I think I already mentioned an ion bracelet/power band.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:31 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
Tip #3: A couple ways to recharge yourself. Rub the palms of your hands together for sixty seconds. This stimulated the acupuncture meridians. Another one is turn on water faucet and hold the palms of your hands near the running water. There is an ion flow. I think I already mentioned an ion bracelet/power band.
Once you rub the palms of your hands together (sixty seconds is a long time) start with your hands wide apart and bring them closer to each other. You should feel some pressure as they get closer together. The distance between your hands at that point is an indicator of how good the locating conditions are. Wider is better. You should get a lot better rod response, but it doesn?t last a long time, but it is worthwhile.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:06 PM

Hello Mike,

Thanks for you advises, what kind of frequency generator you recommend i have been tempted by Tim harrison LRL.

Best Regards
Old 04-24-2024, 10:15 PM
Guru

Do you mean Tim WIlliams EFNMR? His website is LRLMAN.com I’ve never used that one but it is much lower cost than many of those hand-held types. I’m sure he would be happy to talk with you.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:53 AM

Yes, I will be in touch with him.
What transmitter do you use or prefer ?
Old 04-25-2024, 02:23 AM
Guru

Lately I have been messing with a UDB1000S DDS and an NPN amplifier and L-rods. I have been wasting my life away on an all electronic device I call the Contraption. Pretty much drove me crazy. LOL

I used a 2222A transistor. They are cheap. I would advise not to touch the ground probes. Could be electrical shock.
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2024, 02:35 AM
Guru

DDs and amp
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2024, 02:36 AM
Guru

Cell phone power bank for DDS power
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2024, 12:33 PM
Guru

Ebay sells ready-made LM386 amplifiers for under $10. I've never used one but it should work. Get one that has a few more components because the very basic ones might have some interference without any filters.
Old 04-25-2024, 01:30 PM
Guru

Quote:
Lately I have been messing with a UDB1000S DDS and an NPN amplifier and L-rods. I have been wasting my life away on an all electronic device I call the Contraption. Pretty much drove me crazy. LOL

I used a 2222A transistor. They are cheap. I would advise not to touch the ground probes. Could be electrical shock.
If you build this you don't need frequency counter or LED. The DDS has the exact frequency. But you will need wiring.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:31 PM
Guru

Tip #40: People asked about finding an unknown frequency. Here is a video by Tim Williams LRLMAN.com that explains his theory. If you use metric use 343 meters (and measure distance in meters) instead of 1100 feet per second (speed of sound). Actually you can do a search for speed of sound calculator for you temperature to get more accuracy.

HTTPS://m.YouTube.com/watch?v=TW6aGEpPqck
Old 05-01-2024, 11:07 PM
Guru

Tip #41: Triangulation app for iPhone called Theodolite. There might be other similar apps for other phone types, I don’t know. Here is a video on it.

HTTPS://m.YouTube.com/watch?v=o9ieCuQu-yw You aim your phone camera at the target direction from two different places and it will show you the spot on a satellite photo.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:13 AM
Guru

Quote:
Tip #40: People asked about finding an unknown frequency. Here is a video by Tim Williams LRLMAN.com that explains his theory. If you use metric use 343 meters (and measure distance in meters) instead of 1100 feet per second (speed of sound). Actually you can do a search for speed of sound calculator for you temperature to get more accuracy.

HTTPS://m.YouTube.com/watch?v=TW6aGEpPqck
All this got my mind wondering. Speed of sound is affected by temperature. 50 degrees F (10 C) speed is 1106 feet
per second. At 70 degrees F (21.1 C) speed is 1128 feeet per second. That is almost 2% faster. So an LRL frequency of say 405 Hz would be multiplied by 0.98 gives 396.9 Hz. That might not seem like much difference but I saw two tuning forks one at 440 Hz and another at 442 Hz. They do not resonate each other. Now I might not have this correct but it says higher temperatures make quite a difference in resonate frequencies.

Now I could have this the exact opposite. Colder temperatures make for a longer wavelength so that. I admit I am confused. Guess I will sleep on it study it tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:37 PM
Guru

Logic says that since elements vibrate faster at warmer temperatures it seems the resonant frequency must go higher also, not lower. So if a target resonates at 402.4 Hz at 50 F (10C) it should maybe resonate at 410.4 Hz at 70 F (21.1 C). 1106 feet per second vs 1128 FPS. And at 80 F (26.7 C) 1106 FPS vs 1138 FPS it should maybe might possibly resonate at 414.04 Hz. Okay I am waiting for someone to show me where I went wrong with my "logic".
Old 05-05-2024, 08:13 PM
Guru

Sorry for jumping around but some more on cell phone magnetometer. I could be wrong but I think it is more accurate to measure your magnetic field using your cell phone than relying on government estimates. But it is important to calibrate your cell phone magnetic sensor by moving it around in a figure 8 pattern. https://youtu.be/J_cZnPcW-Yw?si=IGaCrahtm2__mRMZ
Old 05-06-2024, 03:07 AM
Guru

Check your test target to see if the line is right on it. Otherwise if the line is left of your test target lower the frequency 1Hz at a time, and if the line is to the right of your test target increase the frequency 1Hz at a time. Or you can go more than 1Hz if you like.
Old 05-11-2024, 03:25 PM
Guru

Tip #42: Rod grip. This not my grip.I saw it on one of Tim Williams YouTube videos LRLMAN. I really like it. I feel like I am holding a wine glass instead of a shovel handle. Very sensitive. You see the little finger is opposite the rod handle. This way I can hold the rods closer to my solar plexus and down near my belt line. It took me not long to get adjusted to it. You should be using this grip.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2024, 04:44 PM
Guru

Quote:
Tip #42: Rod grip. This not my grip.I saw it on one of Tim Williams YouTube videos LRLMAN. I really like it. I feel like I am holding a wine glass instead of a shovel handle. Very sensitive. You see the little finger is opposite the rod handle. This way I can hold the rods closer to my solar plexus and down near my belt line. It took me not long to get adjusted to it. You should be using this grip.
The beauty of this grip is it only requires a light amount of pressure to hold the rod. It is easy to hold the balance and therefore you exert very little influence on the rods. It took me a few hours to get super comfortable. Well worth the time. I bet many people who never learned to use the rods would be able to do so with this grip. It just makes for a natural balance and the rods respond so nicely.
Old 05-13-2024, 05:49 PM
Guru

Tip #43: My memory is failing so excuse me if I already posted this. Residual lines. If you are in your practice area or wherever, if you pick up you test target but leave the generator running the line will stay there until you turn the generator off for a few minutes. Some generators have a feature to eliminate residual lines. but most do not have that feature. And if the old line is there, it is difficult to find a new line. So turn it off for at least three minutes. One locator I had said wait fifteen minutes.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:56 PM
Guru

Tip #44: One rod or two? I went several years with two rods then I went to one rod, then back to two, now I am leaning towards one rod again. Two rods can be confusing and very easy to fixate on them (bad). With one rod I have a free hand I hold down so my arm is maybe thirty degrees off my leg. I open my palm/fingers a bit sort of like holding your hand to warm it in front of a fire but more aimed towards the lower part of my leg. I must be feeling my aura, with what they call a "recording hand". When I walk through a signal line I can feel an electrical sensation much better than if I am holding another rod. Sometimes the one rod doesn't even move but I feel the electrical "ionic buzz" as I call it and I am alerted to recheck that again. I don’t know but sometime when I am tired I just get psyched out using two rods. Other times they work great. I try to get a distraction and the recording hand works for that purpose.

If I am doing a sweep I aim my free palm towards the search area,