LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 09-24-2023, 08:20 PM

Default Omnitron to detect gold and silver

Hello friends
I want to ask about this device. I have attached pictures of it. Is it real or is it a fake device? It is American made. A friend of mine bought it 30 years ago. This company no longer exists now.

https://k.top4top.io/p_28235err40.jpg

https://l.top4top.io/p_28235x5j41.jpg
Old 09-25-2023, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs View Post
Hello friends
I want to ask about this device. I have attached pictures of it. Is it real or is it a fake device? It is American made. A friend of mine bought it 30 years ago. This company no longer exists now.

https://k.top4top.io/p_28235err40.jpg

https://l.top4top.io/p_28235x5j41.jpg
You need to ask your friend. After 30 years of having the device, your friend can tell you about the operation of the device.
Old 09-25-2023, 01:25 PM
Guru

That's an MFD --Molecular Frequency Discriminator. The first photo is the receiver. You attach that to you belt directly in front of you. The black rocker switch is for big filter, like 10 kg. The twist control is for smaller filtering. Do you know how to use L-rods? That's the hard part. Most people never learn because they cannot become detached from the search. I tell people to pick an object out in front of you a ways and look at it while you are searching. This helps to take your mind away from the search.
Old 09-26-2023, 02:24 PM
Guru

Tune an AM radio to an empty channel (lower is better) and hold the ground probes near to it and listen for a tone. Or you can plug in a set of headphones into the reveicer where the L-rods hook in and listen for a tone when near the ground probes. If you hear a tone it is working and you need to learn to use the L-rods. Did you get the set of instruction that came with it? Good info on learning to use the rods and other important details.
Old 09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Guru

Actually, you might want to set the frequency. Originally he had it set at 222Hz for gold and several years later he said he was using 225Hz. Some of those DDS frequency generators have a frequency counter on them. Think silver is 335 . Don't know how far you can adjust these, but 466 works for silver but you might not be able to tune it that far. There is a set screw for each frequency inside the transmitter.
Old 09-26-2023, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
Actually, you might want to set the frequency. Originally he had it set at 222Hz for gold and several years later he said he was using 225Hz. Some of those DDS frequency generators have a frequency counter on them. Think silver is 335 . Don't know how far you can adjust these, but 466 works for silver but you might not be able to tune it that far. There is a set screw for each frequency inside the transmitter.
Thanks Mike!!! All this is very informative and interesting!!!
Old 09-27-2023, 01:05 PM
Guru

Learning the L-rods takes much practice. Hold the rods so the tips are angled downwards 2 cm or more and slightly tilt the handles towards each other.
Old 10-05-2023, 01:11 AM
Guru

brs, can you read English? Did you try to listen for a tone coming out the receiver? You could just hook up a voltmeter to the L-rods and see if you get any voltage, but easy enough to plug in a set of headphones and listen.
Old 10-07-2023, 02:12 PM
Guru

I had to replace that twist control, can't remember now but it must have been "scratchy" (receiver twist control).
Old 10-07-2023, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
I had to replace that twist control, can't remember now but it must have been "scratchy" (receiver twist control).
It?s clear about the regulator, the variable resistor was damaged, it?s not clear what receiver you?re writing about. And as for the headphones, you?re right, in high-impedance headphones you can hear hissing from the frames and it?s even not bad at catching the whistling of energy-saving lamps. What receiver are you writing about?