LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Guru

Default Mineoro DC2008

Hi.
Today a friend gave me a DC2008 to modify it. He wants to replace the sensitivity potentiometer with a multiturn one.
I opened it and i saw that the previous owner had open it and had remove the black resin from the receiver pcb.
Also i saw that there is a problem with the oscillator (2N2646).
So i said that it is time for a reverse engineering until i receive the multiturn potentiometer.
I Must tell that my friend found some small objects (ancient coins etc..) with it at small depth (10... 30 cm).
I attach some photos from it...

Regards
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Guru

I forgot to say that this LRL has not a microproccesor so it is a good time to make a clone of it.
Schematic seems to be very easy.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I forgot to say that this LRL has not a microproccesor so it is a good time to make a clone of it.
Schematic seems to be very easy.

Hi Geo

The DC2008 seems to me the MINEORO who can locate some objects,with other models no lucky for me...

Its very strange that this DC2008 not have multiturn pot. ,all DC2008 i saw is using the multiturn,also the one i have ...

Is interesting if you can find in what frequency this MINEORO is working.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Hi Geo

The DC2008 seems to me the MINEORO who can locate some objects,with other models no lucky for me...

Its very strange that this DC2008 not have multiturn pot. ,all DC2008 i saw is using the multiturn,also the one i have ...

Is interesting if you can find in what frequency this MINEORO is working.

Hi Morgan.
Maybe the previous owner to replace the potentiometer, who knows????
This model is with the IR led near to ion champer.
I check it with generator and it is tuned near to 124 Khz. When i will finish it i"ll check exactly for the working frequency.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Guru

This LRL is very strange!!!.
I can't understand how it locate coins with a receiver that has only a 3 stages (transistors) amplifier followed by a LM386 as a pro and a 555.
That is all.
Maybe the field at ancient coins is very strong.....
Now understand why when i visited Morgan at Portugal the DC2008 was not able to locate the objects except the gold medal but with the sensitivity at full.
Maybe with a better receiver to have better results

Old 10-07-2012, 01:16 PM

Exclamation

Hello everybody, hello geo!
I think I understand how he works this device, I have constructed else like brioche but without electronics ..

** It's simple. The light type l e d makes light impinging on a semiconductor. Converted to the semiconductor and conductive filter.
which can be seen the rare energy emitted the buried metal!

We believe we can help someone what I said!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Guru

Quote:
This LRL is very strange!!!.
I can't understand how it locate coins with a receiver that has only a 3 stages (transistors) amplifier followed by a LM386 as a pro and a 555.
That is all.
Maybe the field at ancient coins is very strong.....
Now understand why when i visited Morgan at Portugal the DC2008 was not able to locate the objects except the gold medal but with the sensitivity at full.
Maybe with a better receiver to have better results

the DC2008 is the mineoro model i use and can pick gold objects,anyway at very short distances and very problematic for the pinpointing.
The buried test gold medal was located in this particular day,however most of the times is not possible to locate.
One other interesting thing,when the DC2008 batteries went to 16 V,the LRL become extremly erratic,anyway in the instructions they said is to change batt. at 12V...
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 AM
Guru

I reversed the pcb and now i have the schematic. I am sure that if i connect at the place of receiver the passive receiver of PD it will have better results. When i will draw the schematic i "ll attach it here for the members.
BTW... your DC2008 at who distance detect the batery spark???

Regards
Old 10-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
One other interesting thing,when the DC2008 batteries went to 16 V,the LRL become extremly erratic,anyway in the instructions they said is to change batt. at 12V...
DC2008 use a LM317P as voltage regulator from 18v to 9v. So normally any input voltage from 12v and higher must be ok.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM

Bravo Geo!
I can not wait a full report!
Thanks in advance!
Regards!
Sneshko
Old 10-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Guru

Sneshko wait some days...
Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Guru

Quote:
I reversed the pcb and now i have the schematic. I am sure that if i connect at the place of receiver the passive receiver of PD it will have better results. When i will draw the schematic i "ll attach it here for the members.
BTW... your DC2008 at who distance detect the batery spark???

Regards
1,5 V Battery spark 60 cm.
I remember the other model DC 2006 its 50 cm
and the PDC 210 is 1,00 m
Old 10-09-2012, 05:53 AM
Guru

Same distance with the DC2008 that i have now. On winter i will construct one and i"ll play with other receiver. I am sure that it will give good results at big objects. Now i try to find pot core for the input of the loop. Maybe a magnetic amplifier with ICs to be better.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Guru

If the owner allow me, i will connect a switch in series with "ion champer" so to ensure when it detect an object, what is this that locate it, the ion champer or the passive receiver or both. If the champer don't doing anything (as i believe) then it is very easy for everyone to make a clone.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Guru

Quote:
If the owner allow me, i will connect a switch in series with "ion champer" so to ensure when it detect an object, what is this that locate it, the ion champer or the passive receiver or both. If the champer don't doing anything (as i believe) then it is very easy for everyone to make a clone.

Check this modifications on DC2008 by Esteban :

Name:  DC2008,modificated by Esteban.jpg
Views: 15170
Size:  51.1 KB

Name:  MINEORO%202008%2019%20DE%20MAYO%20DE%202008-WITH%20TEXTS.JPG
Views: 17721
Size:  137.8 KB
Old 10-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Guru

This modification made by Esteban so to locate fresh objects from small distance. If champer don't make anything (i am sure) then Mineoro is a simple pistol as PDK inside a beutiful box and at a very very high price. I am curious what will happend if i"ll connect the loop with the pot core at the input of PDK
Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Guru

Here is the schematic from the receiver of DC2008. For begining there are not values of the components but i work for it and for the full schematic.

Enjoy
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Guru

This (front-end) remind me on some Gardiner MD design.
Though, as far I remember, Gardiner use Hartley in his design and here is Colpitts.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
This modification made by Esteban so to locate fresh objects from small distance. If champer don't make anything (i am sure) then Mineoro is a simple pistol as PDK inside a beutiful box and at a very very high price. I am curious what will happend if i"ll connect the loop with the pot core at the input of PDK
Hi Geo,

One small correction ... that should be "chamber", not "champer".
Old 10-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Hi Geo,

One small correction ... that should be "chamber", not "champer".
Thanks.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM6 View Post
This (front-end) remind me on some Gardiner MD design.
Though, as far I remember, Gardiner use Hartley in his design and here is Colpitts.
The oscillator of DC2008 has at emitter of oscillator a signal of about 100mv. I think that it is a big signal for a receiver of this type. It need a strong signal so to see it as "anomaly" at the output.

Btw.. any easy way to check the chamber if it detects ions???

Old 10-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Guru

Quote:
The oscillator of DC2008 has at emitter of oscillator a signal of about 100mv. I think that it is a big signal for a receiver of this type. It need a strong signal so to see it as "anomaly" at the output.

Hi Geo

You right,MINEORO is VERY EXPENSIVE !

It cost me a two year of my work savings...And what i found with DC2008 is very little...

Thanks for the schematic
Old 10-10-2012, 11:12 PM

Hi geo.
You believe that it is trusted that the locator?
Provides assistance in metal detecting?

I ask because I have the same machine
I was thinking and I dig the black resin
thanks
Old 10-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Guru

Quote:

Hi Geo,
I think this is a good idea to check if the chamber detects ions.
According to Mineoro, there are gold love-ions that are in the air 2 meters above where gold is buried.
Mineoro theory is that the gold love-ions make tiny sparks when they neutralize in the air, and these sparks in the air will send an electronic signal through the air to the chamber to cause some sparks in the chamber.
Then the sparks in the chamber sends a signal to the oscillator, which results in beeps when gold love-ions are near to the locator.

When, we look at the construction of a Mineoro chamber, we see it has a pulsed voltage sent to one side, and the other side is coupled to the input of the oscillator with a very small capacitive coupling.
This tells us that whatever signal that comes from this chamber is very small, high frequency, like a spark.
It also tells us that if the chamber actually causes beeps, then a small capacitance could transfer the signal to the oscillator stage.
In order to properly test whether this chamber does anything, you cannot use a simple switch, because the capacitance in the switch contacts might allow some of the signal to pass even when the switch is turned off.
Furthermore, the chamber might send a signal to the oscillator if the wires are completely disconnected from the circuit, just from the capacitance through the air, and to the conductors in the circuit board.

So how do we test?

Here is how I would test it:

1. First test the locator with the chamber connected as normal to see if it will beep at some known targets, and mark the distance you can find detection.
2. Open the locator and un-solder the three wire connections for the chamber, then short all three of them together.
Wrap some tape around the wires so they will stay shorted together.
3. Put aluminum foil over the shorted wires... Make certain the foil covers all of the back side of the chamber and all shorted wires for a shield.
This will serve to stop any stray gold love-ions from entering the back of the chamber and causing sparks inside the chamber.
4. Put another piece of aluminum foil on the outside of the chamber where it is seen at the front of the box.
This will serve to shield the front side from gold love-ions entering the chamber and causing sparks.
5. Now turn on the locator and check to see if there is any change in the beeping that you tested before, when the chamber was connected as normal.

You could solder some small connectors on the ends of the chamber wires, and solder 3 short wires with matching connectors on the circuit board to make it easy to disconnect the wires from the chamber.
Then you can disconnect the chamber and reconnect it easily when you want to make more tests.
Of course, you will remove these connectors when you are done testing, and return the locator to the owner.
The extra trouble to short the wires together and to shield the chamber will produce a test that can convince me whether the gold love-ion theory is true or not.

Best Wishes,
J_P
Old 10-11-2012, 05:51 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmnotes View Post
Hi geo.
You believe that it is trusted that the locator?
Provides assistance in metal detecting?

I ask because I have the same machine
I was thinking and I dig the black resin
thanks
Hi.
The owner said me he found many copper and silver coins. The coins was directly in the ground and was ancient!!! He did not find any object buried for less than 300 years. Because the loop is big, i believe that it will give better results at big objects.