Bad 6PM - 8PM

Summer (April - September)
Good 5AM and 3PM
Bad 9AM and 9PM

Clear air better than haze.
Cities and industrial areas not good.
Avoid getting near trees and structures if possible

Okay. look, you don?t have to work at these exact times, or places
but try to get close to the good times and avoid the bad times .
Move to a clear area if you can, but obviously might not be possible
Old 05-25-2022, 12:14 PM
Guru

Perhaps I should not have said good or bad but rather ?better? and ?not as good?. Other factors can affect things and the mental state of the user is a big factor. The graph is like a sine wave instead of a sawtooth wave.
Old 05-25-2022, 12:49 PM
Guru

Sorry I have brain fog. Summer times are for daylight saving time, so if you are on standard time:
Good: 4 AM and 2 PM
Not so good: 8 AM and 8 PM

Winter times are all standard time, so no change.
Old 05-26-2022, 02:57 AM
Guru

Some other factors include wind, precipitation, convection, solar activity. Just a note here: I have noticed days with good convection make for good locating conditions. Cumulus clouds look like big cotton balls. The dirty air gets exchanged with clean air from above. Also before thunderstorms not good. Increasing humidity is supposed to be good but I suspect only to a point
Old 05-26-2022, 12:34 PM
Guru

Some claim morning rush hour traffic causes dirty air. Afternoon there is maximum convection for better locating. Their test showed the number of sunspots had a significant impact.

So the atmospheric electricity needs to be low for good locating. Winter is always lower so much so that the highest Winter average is about the same as the lowest in the Summer.
Old 05-26-2022, 01:07 PM
Guru

Don?t believe the few people who say more solar activity is good?it is not!!!
Old 05-27-2022, 03:12 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
Some claim morning rush hour traffic causes dirty air. Afternoon there is maximum convection for better locating. Their test showed the number of sunspots had a significant impact.

So the atmospheric electricity needs to be low for good locating. Winter is always lower so much so that the highest Winter average is about the same as the lowest in the Summer.
As usual got serious brain fog. Winter is higher, not lower. My brain may not last much longer. Got Covid over a month ago and still not very well. Seems my auto immune system is attacking me. Not good. Cant even get a doctor appointment for another month
Old 05-27-2022, 05:31 AM

Yes you are right Mike regarding Brain Fog (Post Covid Symptoms.. you need to do Cupping Therapy (wet & dry) for head and upper back, it is an instant blessing!! https://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/cupping-therapy
Old 05-27-2022, 12:57 PM
Guru

I don’t discount Chinese medicine but I don’t know how to fit something over my head.

After further reading it says you can be just a fairly short distance away from trees or structures, even just several feet or a few meters. Also stay away from big pieces of metal.

Oh yeah, my computer crashed and I am about helpless with a cellphone.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Winter (October - March)
Good 4AM
Bad 6PM - 8PM

Summer (April - September)
Good 5AM and 3PM
Bad 9AM and 9PM

Clear air better than haze.
Cities and industrial areas not good.
Avoid getting near trees and structures if possible

Okay. look, you don?t have to work at these exact times, or places
but try to get close to the good times and avoid the bad times .
Move to a clear area if you can, but obviously might not be possible
Hi

What is your reference ????
Old 05-27-2022, 07:26 PM
Guru

I purposely left out any references to avoid negative comments, but the study was over a twenty year period for several locations mostly in Europe. All I can say is try it and see if you like it. I tried to post a photo copy but I can’t figure out how to do it on my cellphone.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
I purposely left out any references to avoid negative comments, but the study was over a twenty year period for several locations mostly in Europe. All I can say is try it and see if you like it. I tried to post a photo copy but I can?t figure out how to do it on my cellphone.
Ok Sir

With your long experiment did find gold or so
Old 05-28-2022, 02:16 AM
Guru

This is not my data. Also, I went back and checked where they took the data--looks like as far north as 69 degrees and as far south as 77 degrees and many places in between. So not just Europe. Some places had some variation, but close enough.

Maybe sometime I will learn how to post the data but it will not make any difference for when to locate. Also, these are averages over twenty years--any given day there can be variation due to the various factors.
Old 06-03-2022, 02:18 AM
Guru

Don’t give up just because the time isn’t perfect. If your locator has a gain control you can increase the power and see if that helps. Small test target probably could use more power, too. At least that is what my experiments have shown.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:30 PM
Guru

I was watching a video they guy said 12:00 was a good time. My take here is that is about the time it starts to get good.
Old 06-09-2022, 06:41 PM
Guru

12:00 noon, but I guess 12:00 midnight might even be better
Old 06-10-2022, 01:06 AM
Guru

In years past in Summer I just gave up locating. I would go out about 8:00 in the morning (bad time) and stay indoors during the afternoon hours (good locating time) then go out in the evening (again bad time). I can imagine other people had the same experience and many probably gave up trying and believed that locators “can’t possibly work”. Very early around daybreak is the best.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:25 PM
Guru

Quote:
I was watching a video they guy said 12:00 was a good time. My take here is that is about the time it starts to get good.
I forgot to mention the video was talking about new users have the best chance for success at this time. My experience late afternoon conditions start to fade.
Old 06-11-2022, 12:15 AM
Guru

I had better results in the afternoon with cloudy skies
Old 06-12-2022, 12:38 PM
Guru

For what it’s worth, I was out with the L-rods and frequency generator yesterday morning and not doing too well. A thunderstorm blew through mid-afternoon and afterwards I went out again and the rods were responding much better.

So my theory is the convection cleans the stale air. I have known very good conditions occur after a cold front passes through and the sky is half-filled with cumulus clouds and fresh air. Stale, muggy air is just not good locating conditions. I could see big cities might have very few good days.
Old 11-20-2022, 03:45 PM
Guru

Esteban was say that best time is at afternoom.
Here at Greece i found that was better at morning.
Problem is that we go for T.H when we have free time without to looking what time is it.
Old 11-24-2022, 01:21 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Esteban was say that best time is at afternoom.
Here at Greece i found that was better at morning.
Problem is that we go for T.H when we have free time without to looking what time is it.

Hello dear Geo !

How do you do ?

Regards
Old 11-25-2022, 04:07 PM
Guru

Hello Dragan, how are u???
I am fine, just finished my jobs at farm. Now i can begin again to "play" with lrls.
I have many projects to check .. adjust and make them workable..
Is at your plan any visit at Greece???

Regards
Old 04-20-2023, 08:30 PM
Guru

Just thought I better share this. I just read the potential gradient is strongest at 7PM London time--no matter where you are on the planet. It is NOT a local phenomena. At 7PM London time is the greatest lightning activity over the whole earth. Like 100 strikes per second. So that is the time to avoid if you can. Of course not every day is going to be exactly the same, this the average.
Old 04-20-2023, 08:39 PM
Guru

A strong electrical field perturbs the protons and inhibits them from aligning, so they don't resonate as strongly. I suggest there is a seasonal effect--more powerful problem in Summer months and/or maximum solar cycle. I should say it is the magnetic field of the electrons taht perturbs the protons. Maybe I'm wrong here, but seems if you wait long enough more of the protons will align and the element will resonate stronger. Of course we're talking about the net field. When a sloar flare hits, it disrupts the protons. Sometimes multiple solar flares tend to "catch up" with the one in front so it makes even more powerful disruption. This stuff is nothing new. Dell WInders had this in his literature from the late 1980's. BTW, sorry about my typo's. I can't edit these easily since my laptop crashed.