LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 03-05-2024, 02:54 AM
Guru

Default Eliminator e-120 modification

I saw on youtube a frequency-driven locator had L-rod and wrist grounding strap connected to the generator. A while back I was messing with the Eliminator e-120 and removerd the ground spike and connected a wire from there to the L-rod. It didn't work all that well so I shelved it. After seeing the locator video I decided to connect a wrist grounding strap and see what happens. I tossed a gold ring test target out and did a rod sweep and started walking to the general area. Then the rod pulled a little to the right. It was aimed directly at the test target. For 250 euros probably the best locator for that price. Make sure if you try to make this modification that you have a resistor in line on the wrist strap. My multimeter not real accurate says 85 ohms. I could feel a tingle when pointing at the test target. As always, any locator that uses an L-rod will require many, many hours to master, but it can be done if you have the desire. GDI Detectors
Old 03-05-2024, 03:08 AM
Guru

Another option would be to connect the ground wire to a metal walking stick ground probe instead of the wrist strap. Probably work better for longer distance.
Old 03-05-2024, 01:17 PM
Guru

Back when I originally connected the L-rod I also tried to connect two L-rods, left hand rod connected to negative battery pole. When I was doing a box-in search the left rod seemed to be blocking the signal. It doesn't seem like much difference to connect wrist strap instead of L-rod but it frees up the right hand rod to be able to swing in either direction. No doubt I can sense the F.G. signal going through the wrist strap when the L-rod is aimed at target, at least at close range. Not sure 85 ohms is safe enough, guess I need to measure volts and amps and calculate how much power is going through me. I am a bit anxious being connected to the wrist strap. If something happened there is no way i could remove the strap fast enough. Maybe I could drop the rod in needed, but i don't know.
Old 03-05-2024, 01:57 PM
Guru

I measured 2.5 volts and 13ma when directly wired. But when holding L-rod in right hand and measuring amps between wrist strap and my left hand I measure 0.2ma. I have very dry skin. Pretty sure wet hands would produce a somewhat painful to possibly severe shock. Conductive gel would be something I do not want to try. Kinda creepy as it is right now.
Old 03-05-2024, 02:12 PM
Guru

I measured 2.5 volts and 13ma when directly wired to the multimeter. But with wrist strap on left hwrist and holding L-rod in right hand I measured 1ma. But I have very dry skin. I read 1 - 6 ma causes tingle. SO I am a long way from much danger--76ma for men 5ma for women causes muscles to lock so you can't let go. A 555 timer can output 200ma. I've seen other F.G. put out 50ma , so most are safe.
Old 03-05-2024, 03:04 PM
Guru

My mistake. Grounding strap measures 1.5 ohms.