LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 03-23-2024, 01:18 PM
Guru

Default What is Negativity Bias?

You can do a search but it means a person places more weight or value on the negative aspects and tends to overlook the positive aspects. Tabloids are famous for this and many news outlets are following the same path--it sells news but it is distorted viewpoint. Of course the big one on the LRL forums has to do with usig the L-rods or any swiveling antenna locator. People see some negative posts and they automatically shun the whole idea. I can only imagine what people think when I say learning L-rod is like learning golf. LOL

Do a search on this forum for Healey Double-Crosser. This sweep technique can work for you. It can be a strong base for your learning. I know most people cannot take their mind off the whatever they are thinking or feeling. They want to find treasure so badly they totally influence the search . The distraction technique can help but it won't work if you cheat and look at the right L-rod. Put all your focus on where the left rod is pointing and put zero focus on the right rod. So simple but I think if you beat some people over the head they still would not do it correctly. Gold fever is real and it affects people right down to their soul. Maybe a psychologist knows the answers why people act that way, I sure cannot help. I can tell you what is needed but like Cowboy logic says "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink." You have to contol your own mind not to look at or think about the right rod. Put all your attention on the left rod where it is pointing at. When the right rod moves, you will see it.
Old 03-25-2024, 03:27 AM
Guru

Don?t know if this will help

HTTPS://m.YouTube.com/watch?v=zHECSAdJjTQ
Old 03-25-2024, 12:52 PM
Guru

Obviously this video is not directly related to locating. He talks about ego and I should say in locating, lose the ego. People who are very self-conscious are going to have to figure out how to stop that. The search is not about you or your conscious mind. I really feel like people are upset with my posts on this. I'm not trying to personally attack anyone. but I just feel like people think so. I'm trying to help people learn. Yeah, I 'm probably a bit crude . I call it the shock-jock thing. People don't listen if you don't get their attention. Well, enough of that. It's out there if you want to get it.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:27 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
You can do a search but it means a person places more weight or value on the negative aspects and tends to overlook the positive aspects. Tabloids are famous for this and many news outlets are following the same path--it sells news but it is distorted viewpoint. Of course the big one on the LRL forums has to do with usig the L-rods or any swiveling antenna locator. People see some negative posts and they automatically shun the whole idea. I can only imagine what people think when I say learning L-rod is like learning golf. LOL

Do a search on this forum for Healey Double-Crosser. This sweep technique can work for you. It can be a strong base for your learning. I know most people cannot take their mind off the whatever they are thinking or feeling. They want to find treasure so badly they totally influence the search . The distraction technique can help but it won't work if you cheat and look at the right L-rod. Put all your focus on where the left rod is pointing and put zero focus on the right rod. So simple but I think if you beat some people over the head they still would not do it correctly. Gold fever is real and it affects people right down to their soul. Maybe a psychologist knows the answers why people act that way, I sure cannot help. I can tell you what is needed but like Cowboy logic says "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink." You have to contol your own mind not to look at or think about the right rod. Put all your attention on the left rod where it is pointing at. When the right rod moves, you will see it.

At me L rods works opposite.
I must put all my attention on the right rod.

Old 03-26-2024, 03:34 AM
Guru

Good point. Sometimes when I get stale and the rods go dead I will do just that and the left rod seems to come alive. Normally I like to search on my left side--suspected target on my left, but when I switch hands, I like the suspected search area on my right. But this is when I am doing the box-in method or walking around the hot spot and narrowing it in closer. But it really is whatever you are confortable with. My sister a year older than me was left-handed and sometimes I yhink I might be. My parents tried to force her to use her right hand but she refused. I don’t know what they did to me, maybe the same thing.
Old 03-26-2024, 12:38 PM
Guru

Normally I do not switch around when doing the Double-Crosser because this is a sweep technique where one is facing the search area straight ahead. I suggest a person find which hand is the dead rod and stick with that. Of course practice with a visible target at first then go to a hidden target until you know you have it working.
Old 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Guru

Here is good info on negativity bias. https://therapyinanutshell.com/negativity-bias