LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 04-09-2024, 12:53 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
Tip #25: Signal strength has little or no bearing on target size. You turn off the transmitter and stand on the line with rods crossed. A big target will hold the signal for a longer time. As already mentioned you can stand on the line with transmitter on and count how long the rods stay crossed.
I realize this might sound confusing, but you are looking for RELATIVE signal strength--compare the suspected signal to your test target. As stated earlier you can place a test target about 30 feet (10 m) away and stand in between the two and see which way the rods turn. Or you can adjust the weight filtering to see how it compares to you test target, or you can stand on the line and count how long the rods stay closed, or you can turn off the transmitter and stand on the line and count to see how long the rods stay closed. Also note: if the rods do not close at least three-fourths of the way you cannot determine target weight to any accuracy. So you do need good signal strength to judge target weight. If the rods only close one-third of the way you can still get the direction of the target. If the rods close one-half the way you can trace the line to the target, but if the rods do not consistently close at least three-fourths of the way you cannot judge target weight. If the rods do not close three-fourths of the way you are probably experiencng magnetic interference. Usually it doesn’t last long but sometimes it can. But none of this will be of nay help if you do not hold the rods angled down. Don't give up! You have to learn this, it's not something that just happens.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:47 PM
Guru

Just to clarify here, all this is after you have learned to get the rods to cross when they are tilted downwards. You have to practice turning the tops of your hands inwards with the rods level at first.Once you can do this without thinking then you angle the rods downwards. This might take a few weeks practice. Don?t expect to learn with just one hour is week practice, it?s not going o happen. As I have said, you gotta want it. Practice twice a day every day. Don?t get upset if things don?t go perfectly?they won?t.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:30 PM
Guru

Also another way for weight checking/filtering is once you have a good signal line you can adjust the frequency up or down until you lose the line. Depending on how far you adjust you can approximate the target weight. Adjusting up frequency is less sensitive. It depends on what type of equipment you have as to how far you can adjust and still detect the line. So you have to experiment. Wait about five minutes after adjustment before checking to see if the line is still there.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:01 PM
Guru

Tip #26: Calculating efnmr frequencies. First you need to get the magnetic field strength for your area. Go to: https://ngdc.noaa.gov/geomag/calcula...lination.shtml and in the lower right click on Calculator. Then on the lower right click on the site or bullseye icon and it should fill in your coordinates. Note the altitude will need adjusting. Then click Calculate! Then click Table. Now write down the F(nt) amount. Example 53123.4 Now go to: http://www-usr.rider.edu/~grushow/nm..._frameset.html and click on the element you want. On the left column write down the Frequency factor. example gold(Au) is 0.01754 Now to calculate 2.3488 divided by the magnetic field strength in Tesla (add four zeros in front)
2.3488/0.0000531234 = 44214.037 Write this down.

Now convert frequency factor 1754000
And divide 1754000/44214.037 = 39.6706 Hz. This is the gold efnmr frequency. NOTE: this is just an example. Do not use this frequency. Some people multiply this by 100 so you get 3967.06 Hz buy you can try either one. Lower frequencies penetrate better like if target is near to large metal mass.

If you don’t have a smartphone, look on the calculate page and click on Go to full site.Click on Magnetic field. Enter your location and it will retrieve your coordinates. Enter your altitude. You can also manually enter the desired coordinates if you like. In lower left click on Calculate. On far right look at Total Field
Old 04-10-2024, 08:12 PM
Guru

You can try to multiply the frequency by 10 or 100.

If you find the frequency for hydrogen, you simply multiply it by the desired element?s frequency factor. Hydrogen F.F. Is 1 so

1/44214.037 = 2261.73 Hz (hydrogen frequency)

So gold in this fake example would be 2261.73 x 0.01754 = 39.67 Hz

So you can try 396.7 Hz or 3967 Hz. These are not the right frequency—you need to calculate for your search area. Also note the magnetic field strength changes, usually not by much. ANyone having trouble can send my a Private Message. I can calculate for you.
Old 04-11-2024, 12:59 PM
Guru

Just to reinterate on the rod tilt, once you have calibrated your Weight CHeck unit for your test target so the rod tips just barely cross (you can feel a little pull and know that the test target is being nulled) you still might have to adjust the rod tilt depending on the magnetic field strength for that time. So if the rods are crossing too much you will need to tilt the rods a bit more and visa versa.
Old 04-12-2024, 10:34 PM

Hi, Mike, all your tips are excellent !!!!!
But still ,i have a questions for you....
When you find a magnetic line, with 11 cycles...lets say..you reject the 10 and you find the correct one .
Which his diameter is about 250 meters.
Inside it there is no signal...
What is the best way to shrink it?
Old 04-13-2024, 12:22 AM
Guru

I assume you are using some type of frequency generator? I don?t understand your question about 11 cycles. Lower power is important. Also if you can change wave form to Triangle wave it should help. What equipment are you using? Do you have some type of Weight Check? If not you can connect a 100 k ohm potentiometer between the L-rods. Start out at 100 k ohms resistance then lower it until the L-rods just close at the tips.
Old 04-13-2024, 01:29 AM
Guru

Is the ground soaking wet? It sure sounds like you are using too much power. Did you angle the L-rod tips down. Go back and reread my posts. I really don’t understand your question about 250 feet. No sense in me trying to guess what you talking about.
Old 04-13-2024, 01:40 AM
Guru

Tip #27: Remove electronic key fob from your pocket. Don?t put it near you search area.
Old 04-13-2024, 03:10 PM
Guru

I know I sound like a broken record, constantly repeating myself. Always use a test target so you can judge the magnetic field strength in your area. Learning to use a visible test target is probably the hardest thing to learn. In my early experience I would always force a good response from the test target. You just have to learn to let the rods work without influencing them so you know if conditions are good or nonexistent. If you can?t learn this, you will need to come backs at a later time and recheck the area. Best to work early morning and late evening during this time of near solar maximum.

Most of the instructions I have posted are not optional—they are essential. You really have to follow them, don’t just pick and choose.
Old 04-13-2024, 03:24 PM
Guru

Tip #28: Carbon is the frequency for diamonds. I use diamond powder used for faceting gemstones. Don?t know if it matters but I found some natural diamond powder. And BTW, diamonds hit hard with the frequency locator. You might think car tires would be a better target, but the diamond is so tightly formed it gives a strong signal. Many jewelers carry diamond powder. I think I found some on ebay. I would get a larger grit, but anything should work.
Old 04-13-2024, 08:27 PM

Hi Mike, what do you use diamond powder for, do you use it for practice, how do you use it?This also works with chemical diamond powder or not,
Old 04-13-2024, 09:19 PM
Guru

I have a small amount in tiny zip lock baggie then fold it up and tape it from unrolling. I don?t usually hunt for diamonds but I would set it out maybe 6 meters away from the transmitter and check to see if I get a good signal during the search. But usually I just toss it out in my yard and search for it in practice. I have only used natural diamond powder/grit but I think synthetic would work also.
Old 04-13-2024, 09:50 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagpol View Post
Hi, Mike, all your tips are excellent !!!!!
But still ,i have a questions for you....
When you find a magnetic line, with 11 cycles...lets say..you reject the 10 and you find the correct one .
Which his diameter is about 250 meters.
Inside it there is no signal...
What is the best way to shrink it?
Maybe you can draw a picture.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:59 PM
Guru

Tip #29: The frequency generator in ground mode will not travel through dry sand. Dig down until you reach moist ground. You might try to compact it before inserting ground probes.You can aim the ground probes up for the "air mode". This is the recommended mode until you get near the target then switch to ground mode. The signal travels farther through the air and is not blocked by canyons, ravines, tunnels, etc. like ground mode is. AIr mode works for targets on the side of a cliff, inside houses,,etc. Do not let the ground probes touch anything metal or conductive while in air mode.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:00 AM
Guru

Tip #30: Rod length and spacing. Long rods better for distant targets. Shorter rods better for pinpointing. Long rods react slower, so by the time they cross completely you might be a little past the signal line. Good idea to back up one step and see if you get a stronger response. Shorter rods usually right on the line. Rod spacing I have heard that in highly charged air a wide spacing is better. I even heard to wear long rubber gloves. So if the rods are not responding as you like, try wider spacing.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:56 AM

Hello Mike, in air mode you hold the probes upwards in your hand,How am I supposed to hold routes if I keep the probes in the air?Can I attach the probes to my backpack?Do I have to change something on the device from ground mode to flight mode?
Old 04-15-2024, 01:00 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltom0798 View Post
Hello Mike, in air mode you hold the probes upwards in your hand,How am I supposed to hold routes if I keep the probes in the air?Can I attach the probes to my backpack?Do I have to change something on the device from ground mode to flight mode?
Set probes on the ground. Lean them against some non-conductive object so they are pointing up. You could try to stick Rayfinder probes in the ground first and get a ground balance before turning upside down with probes point up.

Suppose you could carry Rayfinder in backpack if you like but that is not as good. You will not be able to stand on signal line and count lock time.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:10 PM
Guru

Place Rayfinder probes in the ground and do a ground balance. Now take it out of the ground and turn it upside down and lean it against some non-conductive object so the probes are pointing upwards.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:19 PM
Guru

Probes in air mode. For Rayfinder just turn entire unit upside down after ground balancing.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2024, 02:14 PM
Guru

I suppose you could try to carry the Rayfinder in your backpack. You can perform the box-in method--walk around the perimeter of the area and wtch for rod to turn towrds the target when it is directly to your side. But you won't be able to stand on the signal line and count lock time.
Old 04-16-2024, 03:04 PM

Hi Mike, in air mode it is important that the solar probes point north ?
Old 04-16-2024, 03:48 PM
Guru

I think something was lost in translation, but the probes are pointed up (vertically) in air mode. You can try to angle the probes according to your azimuth. . I don't know if it matters much. If you look on the NOAA "Table" page with the calculation results, it is the second amount from the top I(deg) about 70 degrees North here. That is tilted to the North about 20 degrees. I don't do this but you can try.
Old 04-16-2024, 03:51 PM

In vertikal air mode, it doesn't matter where and in which direction the probes point?