LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 03-26-2024, 02:56 PM
Guru

Default L-rod technique and tips

I hope everyone can keep their posts on this subject.

Top #1: L-rod spacing. If you are not getting response from L-rods try widening the space between the rods. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but actually you get a stronger signal with wider L-rod spacing. I like about 16 inches (40 cm) apart but as wide as comfortable gives the best response.

Tip #2: Try shortening the L-rods. I know some say 17 inches (43 cm) but I like just under 13 inches (33 cm). Longer rods react slower. Not all bad as it might eliminate spurious signals, but you can angle the tips down an inch or more (3 cm +) .

Tip #3: When performing a sweep, the rod will lock on better when angled down a little.

Tip #4: If you keep the rods exactly level you will pick up many more spurious signals. I know it is tempting to be able to get a response, but if you have the rods wider apart you should not need to hold them level.

Tip #5: When doing a sweep, do not let the rod get ahead of your hand, or "pushing" as it is called. If the rod is angled ahead of the sweep it will not be able to swing properly. Keep the rod pointed straight ahead of your arm. Put another way, if you are sweeping to the right, do not let the rod be angled even more to the right. It is okay to have it angled slightly to the left on a right sweep and visa versa.

Tip #6: Sweep very slowly. No more than 3 or 4 inches (10cm) per second.

Tip #7: Sweep multiple times, at least six passes to determine is a target is present.

Tip #8: An ion wrist band might help you. Natural clothes might help you. Leather-soled shoes might help you.

Tip #9: ground yourself often. Some people carry a walking stick/grounding rod. You can find grounding shoes on line. Harmony 783 has been in business for a long time. Note: Don't wear these in an electrical storm!
Old 03-27-2024, 03:18 AM
Guru

Tip #10: Keep the rods "fluid". I see video of people look like they are scared stiff. You have to be relaxed and loose. When I am walking with two L-rods they swing back and forth with each step. They move together the same amount. This small movement gives them a boost when the signal line is crossed--they already have some momentum and the movement breaks free any friction. This movement is horizontal and not any vertical. Vertical movement will prevent the rods from closing so try to avoid that . Sometimes I will actually shake the rods a bit to get them free of any friction that might by binding them. When I get near the target the rods will start to close then open up. The instant they open up they are already starting to close again. Kind of a momentum effect. On the third time they close completely. Now these are old rods and not all that good of movement. Nicer rods have less friction and don't need much help.

Tip #11: Walk slowly. Some people say you have to walk fast to get a surge when crossing the signal line. If you have nice rods it’s better to go slow, take small steps, but keep it smooth.
Old 03-27-2024, 05:21 PM
Guru

Tip #12: Back in the 1980's I bought a book titled "How To Build And Use A Molecular Frequency Discriminator". It said the way you can determine target size is to find the signal line and stand on it with the L-rods closed and count how long before the rods open.If they open after a short time the target is small or insignificant. Flour gold 7 seconds, Grains (5) 20 seconds, 14K gold Wedding Ring 14 seconds, 1/4 oz Gold Coin 60 seconds, etc. Not sure I agree with these times, I found much longer times so test yourself.
Old 03-27-2024, 06:47 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
Tip #12: Back in the 1980's I bought a book titled "How To Build And Use A Molecular Frequency Discriminator". It said the way you can determine target size is to find the signal line and stand on it with the L-rods closed and count how long before the rods open.If they open after a short time the target is small or insignificant. Flour gold 7 seconds, Grains (5) 20 seconds, 14K gold Wedding Ring 14 seconds, 1/4 oz Gold Coin 60 seconds, etc. Not sure I agree with these times, I found much longer times so test yourself.
These times are for gold at 5kHz. Higher frequencies like 8.7kHz is much shorter time. And speaking of gold frequency, gold alloys in this range: natural gold 4900 - 5100Hz, 5200 - 5300Hz man-made of karats 18 - 22, 5400 - 5500Hz for lower karats. Then go back and check at 5000Hz, if it still hits, it is probably mineralization. Remember to turn off locator for five minutes, then turn on and wait 15 minutes before checking.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:54 PM
Guru

Tip #13: Increase your body conductivity. Before ingesting anything, talk with your doctor. Electrolyte drink or powder to your drinking water. Or add a pinch of sea salt to a glass of filtered water. Dry skin does not conduct well, Use moisturizer or moisturizing shower wash. I have added some olive oil to bath water. Dry, rough feet might need some work.

Tip #14: When using two L-rod while circling the transmitter pick a spot out in front of you a ways and look at it as a distraction. This is very helpful to take your mind off the rods. Don’t be cheating and watching the rods. When they move you will know it.

Tip #15: Healey Double-Crosser sweep technique. When doing a sweep put your thumb on top of the left L-rod so it will not move. Put hands together so they are touching each other and as you sweep in a right direction just keep 100% of your attention on the left, dead rod. Watch where it is pointing. When you are aimed at the target, the right rod will move and start to cross the left rod. If you sweep in the left direction the free rod will open up more when you are aimed at the target. This is my favorite technique. Because your hands are locked together it keeps the rods very stable and it is easy to see when there is a response.This has been very reliable for me. Yes, I miss now and then and sometimes I do not get an exact aim, but it is a real confidence builder especially when things get bewildering out in the field. This is fairly easy but you really have to put 100% of your attention into the left rod. The right rod is right there in your vision so it is easy to cheat and peek at the right rod. Remember you will be cheating yourself and nobody else is going to know or care, but you will be losing if you do.

Tip #16: When standing on the signal line it feels like a smooth wind or very smooth water flowing through you to the target. Actually it is electrical current.
Old 04-01-2024, 03:18 PM
Guru

Tip #17: Don't work too long a time. Twenty minute per session is plenty. You should be grounding yourself often. Place hands on the ground for thirty seconds--it is not instant because your skin is like a resistor and it takes time to discharge. You can rub the palms of your hands together for sixty seconds. You can turn on water faucet and hold the palms of your hands near the water flow but not touching.
Old 04-03-2024, 01:15 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
It is best to practice counting lock times with a visible target at first. Your rods might be sticky and may require you to wiggle them a bit to break loose the friction. Typically for me the rods rachet open, one step at a time. It is tempting to try and hold them closed so the practice can help you avoid this problem. Once you get this to work you can try it on a hidden target. Dell Winders said nine out of ten targets are insignificant size so this one is quite important to learn.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:56 PM

Hello Mike, what could it be when I run with my GDI rods, after a short time my hand burns as if I get a small electric shock, then I have to put on my hands otherwise I can't continue running. It's a strange feeling, whether that's not unhealthy , my conclusion, otherwise everything was good and exciting, good evening and had fun
Old 04-03-2024, 09:08 PM
Guru

GDI says you can feel a slight shock when on the signal line. I guess it depends on how much moisture on your hands. Any broken skin can give a stronger shock feeling even when not on the signal line. I’ve had to disconnect them one time. If it?s that strong you don’t need the Power Module.