LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > Long Range Locators

Old 06-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Default Not found with an LRL or dowsing rod.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...r-friends.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-18579868

Draw your own conclusions.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Guru

Who knows???
At Greece we have a lot of same examples that located with LRLs but we can't give info because it is not allowed... as at England.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Who knows???
At Greece we have a lot of same examples that located with LRLs but we can't give info because it is not allowed... as at England.
I think hung also found millions of euros worth of treasure, but it is a secret.

Best Wishes,
J_P
Old 06-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Player View Post
I think hung also found millions of euros worth of treasure, but it is a secret.

Best Wishes,
J_P
Read first the greek laws.
Prohibited the use of any metal detector or dowsing device. You know what will doing if will posted similar photos and video;;

Old 06-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Guru

Geo, is correct. Using an LRL, or Metal detector, to find treasure was made illegal in Greece. My customers reported many finds with MFD, which included numerous ammunition boxes filled with Swiss gold coins. I have letters & photos sent to me that document these finds.

The absurdity of these restrictions defies rational logic.

It was a great shock to me when I, myself was detained and threatened with immediate deportation for trying to bring my MFD into the Bahamas. Customs confiscated my LRL, and would only return it when I left the country. Thankfully, under a new government, the Bahamas recently lifted their 13 year moratorium on Treasure Hunting, and will begin issuing a limited number of Treasure Search & Recovery permits under strict control. This is a good start that will benefit a country where it's people are suffering economically.

It is illegal in several other countries to find Treasure with the use of an MFD (LRL) and if UNESCO has it's way it will become illegal in every nation under their control. It has been estimated that two thirds of the wealth that has ever been used by man now lies buried below the land and waters. If true? We are billions of people competing for that one third. So, why aren't citizens legally permitted to bring more wealth into the system?

Buyers Beware! You could end up in jail, if it is publicized, or known to authorities that you found Treasure with an LRL, or an MFD and a pair of L-Rods. You will be breaking the law in several countries. Dell
Old 06-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders View Post
Buyers Beware! You could end up in jail, if it is publicized, or known to authorities that you found Treasure with an LRL, or an MFD and a pair of L-Rods. You will be breaking the law in several countries. Dell
This still doesn't explain why such a large hoard of coins could remain undetected on Jersey for 30 years, especially when some LRLs have advertised detection distances of several miles. Eventially it took a lot of dedication by two detectorists and a White's deep seeking 2-box detector to find it. Remember, you will not be arrested for using an LRL in Jersey, as long as you have permission to hunt there by the land owner.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Guru

One reason why It wasn't detected by an LRL, is because I wasn't there.

There are literally millions of treasure caches through out the world that haven't been located.
LRL treasure hunters are doing a good job. But, there is sooo much you don't know. Be patient, and try to learn. Dell
Old 06-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Guru (Administrator)

Quote:
That's funny.
I like that.

Quote:
There are literally millions of treasure caches through out the world that haven't been located.
However, I thought all you needed was a map and your kitchen table.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qiaozhi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders
That's funny.
I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell Winders
However, I thought all you needed was a map and your kitchen table.
If that's all it takes to make a treasure recovery like the £10m iron age coins, I will be happy to donate a needle pendulum and map to this cause (Somebody else needs to supply the kitchen table).
We wouldn't want to look for this kind of treasure using a Dell PRO-4 frequency discriminator which hasn't made a recovery yet.
Or a beta-test gizmo which the LRL dealer does not know what it can detect or not detect. http://www.omnitron.net/del_prod.htm

Best Wishes,
J_P
Old 06-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Guru

Default what an LRL can and can't detect

L-rods detect (indicate) the direction tilt of the rotating axis from vertical. In the past this has been done with the familiar "bent coat-hanger" and its various improvements (ball bearing handles, etc.). However electronic tilt sensors and displays capable of indicating direction are now so cheap, that the next advance in dowsing rods is to eliminate the mechanical rotating components and do the whole thing electronically. Maybe it's already on the market and the salespitch didn't make it clear that's what they were actually doing.

I predict that what they will get wrong, is the ergonomics. A good L-rod does more than indicate direction of axis tilt with respect to vertical, it also has "feel". The first ones will probably be done by crooked geeks who only see the opportunity for electronic fraud and who don't understand ideomotor response. Remarkably, Mineoro has proven that you can sell a fraudulent LRL that you can't even dowse with (!) so it's possible that the upcoming crop of tiltmeter LRL's will actually find paying customers despite being virtually useless for dowsing.

--Dave J.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:21 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J. View Post
L-rods detect (indicate) the direction tilt of the rotating axis from vertical. In the past this has been done with the familiar "bent coat-hanger" and its various improvements (ball bearing handles, etc.). However electronic tilt sensors and displays capable of indicating direction are now so cheap, that the next advance in dowsing rods is to eliminate the mechanical rotating components and do the whole thing electronically. Maybe it's already on the market and the salespitch didn't make it clear that's what they were actually doing.

I predict that what they will get wrong, is the ergonomics. A good L-rod does more than indicate direction of axis tilt with respect to vertical, it also has "feel". The first ones will probably be done by crooked geeks who only see the opportunity for electronic fraud and who don't understand ideomotor response. Remarkably, Mineoro has proven that you can sell a fraudulent LRL that you can't even dowse with (!) so it's possible that the upcoming crop of tiltmeter LRL's will actually find paying customers despite being virtually useless for dowsing.

--Dave J.
Hmmm....
There are other technologies that have been cheap for awhile that could also find their way into LRL design.
For example, in addition to tilt sensors, we also have cheap temperature sensors that can monitor your skin temperature or the air temperature.
And cheap magnetometers can tell where magnetic north is.
It cost next to nothing to make a sensor which picks up random broadband noise from the air.
If all these signals are processed and mixed, maybe in a PIC, then the output could truly delight and confuse the LRL user.
They could flash encouraging words on an LCD screen, assuring the user that the machine has completed the calibration routine for the current environment, then proceed to lock on "signal lines" and make endless beeps.
Of course there must be many control knob adjustments, so if the treasure hunter does not find any treasure, we can point out how the controls were not set correctly for this treasure hunting scenario.
Come to think of it... this is the exact strategy OKM uses to avoid being sued by unhappy customers who discover they only bought a cheap gradiometer that does not work any better than a cheap gradiometer.

But there is a real market for this kind of stuff.
LRL customers are not buying dowsing rods from LRL dealers...
They are buying a dream that they saw in the latest movies with fancy space age gizmos.
They are buying the lights and bells and whistles that make the LRL look cool like the weapons from that sci-fi movie.
We have unscrupulous LRL dealers and willing buyers.
Is there any reason to stop them?

I don't really see the problem except for one special case:
What about the poor person who saves his entire life savings to spend on one of these "magical LRLs" that he expects will change his life condition after he recovers some big treasures?
If this poor person is able to get online and find this forum, then he can read to see what people have to say for any kind of LRL that has been posted.
He can read what LRL enthusiasts say, and what opponents to the LRL say, and even what some real electronic engineers have to say.
At least he will have the advantage of making an informed decision before he spends money he cannot afford on useless crap.

But for those who can afford to spend $10,000 for a new Mineoro or OKM, I kind of think they deserve what they get.
After all, they also have the advantage of reading this forum before they buy.

Best Wishes,
J_P
Old 06-30-2012, 02:38 AM
Guru

The newfangled OKM is an example of the leading edge of LRL design, where if you design in enough technology that has nothing to do with actually locating valuables, gullibillies will be dazzled and fork over the money without having the foggiest notion what they're actually buying or even a clear picture of what they think it is.

When that's the economic model driving the physical design, you can get the ergonomics completely wrong without even knowing that there is such a thing as ergonomics. What's worse, you ignore the fact that if the customer can't fake himself out by dowsing with the contraption, user complaints are going to pile up the same way they have with the Mineoros.

--Dave J.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Guru

Quote:
It is illegal in several other countries to find Treasure with the use of an MFD (LRL) and if UNESCO has it's way it will become illegal in every nation under their control.
Not true. A complete fabrication.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Read first the greek laws.
Prohibited the use of any metal detector or dowsing device. You know what will doing if will posted similar photos and video;;

όπως εδώ ας πούμε!!!
as here
Attached Images