LongRangeLocators Forums  

Go Back   LongRangeLocators Forums > Main Forums > All-Electronic LRLs

Old 01-15-2024, 03:28 PM
Guru

Default High impedence electrometer low cost

I saw this article, looks easy enough to build. Don't know if it will work but I want to try to measure the atmospheric potential gradient. A lower potential gradient means better locating conditions, more air conductivity. So my thinking is to suspend an object totally insulated at one meter above the ground level. Then measure the voltage difference. I don't know, might need to suspend two objects one meter difference in elevation. http://amasci.com/electrom/sas51p1.html#Electro
Old 01-15-2024, 03:42 PM
Guru

https://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/II_09.html

This is a good.
Old 01-16-2024, 06:18 PM
Guru

Very good article Mike. Thanks
Old 01-16-2024, 10:41 PM
Guru

Atmospheric ions are created from cosmic waves hitting the air molecules. However, during times of high solar activity, cosmic waves are blocked somewhat. Dell Winders talked about in the early years of the Molecular Frequency Discriminators that sometime in 1988 conditions turned bad and didn't recover for some time. Look at the lower graph and see where the cosmic waves were during that time 1988 - 1993 https://cosmicrays.oulu.fi
Old 01-17-2024, 05:03 AM
Guru

Yes i see...
As i see the periodicity, 2024 will be low.
I have try this method but there was many error signals maybe from storm at very long distance etc...
Old 01-19-2024, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
I saw this article, looks easy enough to build. Don't know if it will work but I want to try to measure the atmospheric potential gradient. A lower potential gradient means better locating conditions, more air conductivity. So my thinking is to suspend an object totally insulated at one meter above the ground level. Then measure the voltage difference. I don't know, might need to suspend two objects one meter difference in elevation. http://amasci.com/electrom/sas51p1.html#Electro
Very, very good dear Mike!
Thank you very much!
Regards!
Sneshko
Old 01-19-2024, 01:21 PM
Guru

That IC has input of greater than 10 teraohms. Somewhere I saw if you suspend the object on top of a drinking glass you need to be sure the glass is completely clean--no mineral deposits/water spots on the glass or else it will bleed off the charge.
Old 01-19-2024, 03:29 PM
Guru

My thinking is that a low atmospheric potential gradient means that the air is clean with lots of small, fast ions. A high potential gradient/high voltage has been known to overpower the magnetic field output of the locator. I don't know all the cuases but some main ones are dirty air, strong solar magnetic activity which inhibits cosmic waves from creating the flow of ions. So it is not totally due to air conductivity but this does help to keep the potential gradient low. So I was thinking some electrometer could be used to judge good locating conditions. What I am trying to say is a magnetic wave does not need good air conductivity, but the potential gradient is lower when there is good conductivity. And that comes from cosmic waves creating th ion flow towards earth. Clean air has more small/fast ions so that means more conductivity and that means lower potential gradient.
Old 01-19-2024, 03:54 PM
Guru

The reason the magnetic wave sent out by the locator but fails to detect the target is the high potential gradient (electric field) perturbs the magnetic field inside a moleculeand prevents the protons from aligning all in unison and making a strong signal for the locator to detect. So this is how I think it works.
Old 01-24-2024, 01:43 PM
Guru

So this begs the question: How do you stem the tide? How do you get a lower potential gradient? If the air is full of slow ions is it even possible to lower to potential gradient? I've seen corner posts people stick in the ground around the suspected target area. I guess sort of a discharge effect?
Old 01-24-2024, 02:16 PM
Guru

Dell Winders said to put a rod in the ground and wad up some aluminum foil on the top like a ball. Do this in the four corners of the search area. I don't know how wide an area this will reach but lightning rods are spaced about 4 meters apart. Easy enough to try this out. I suppose best effect would be to pour salt water into the ground probe hole so the ground is saturated. More radical you could use thorium-tipped lightning rods or make your own. People use gas lantern mantles that are radioactive. Burn it down and mix the ashes with epoxy and spread it on a razorblade edge. Not wise to use during electrical storm within 100km. LOL Please use common sense safety precautions--don't breath the fumes, don't touch the ashes, wear safety gear like respirator and gloves.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:28 PM
Guru

I have seen devices like in Louis Matacia?s book they had a brass pipe mounted to a base plate they had buried a little ways underground. At the top was a cone shape and at the top of the cone was a small piece of gold pointed at the top maybe 2 meters above the ground. They claimed you had to wait until midnight to see a blue light beam running to the gold target but only for a flash. I also saw a phot he was using an L-rod to locate the target signal line. Another one similar on Bob Fitzgerald?s web page called Thunder Stick. It has a ground probe and you put a sample of gold or silver in the top and wait for 15 minutes. Then circle it with an L-rod to find the line to the target.
Old 01-25-2024, 07:10 AM
Guru

Mike... i see it from the other side and laugh.
We must have read a library with physic and have 2...3 master so to detect some coins.
Difficult job

Old 01-26-2024, 12:15 PM
Guru

This thread is NOT about L-rods. I only mentioned the two devices because they utilize the ion flow. Remember the original molecular frequency discriminators did not use L-rods. My Contraption does not use L-rods. The main reason I have been working on the Contraption is for people who cannot figure out how to learn the L-rods. I could talk endlessly on this subject. People cannot keep their mind out of the search. It's really quite simple to find some distraction to look at and take your mind off the search. I guess people just have to cheat--they cannot take their mind off ittt, they just fixate on the rods and it totally destroys the search. It's a very subtle pull on the rods. Now I don't want this thead hijacked. It's is about the atmospheric potential gradient and ion flow.
Old 01-26-2024, 12:52 PM
Guru

Here's some info from the book "Psychical Physics" by S. W. Tromp.

"The potential gradients depend to a great extent on the condition of the atmosphere.

1. If the air is clear, the gradient is low, higher when there is haze and very high when fog prevails (values of 2000 V/m have been recorded).

2. During land-rain the gradient is mostly negative; throughout thunderstorms it fluxuates enormously between high positive and negative values, the later being dominant. Values of 10,000 V/m have been recorded.

3. During snow-fall high positive and negative potential gradients occur.

4. The potential gradient above the sea (similar to clear air) is low (115-140 V/m); near cities or industrial centers it is high."
Old 01-26-2024, 01:14 PM
Guru

Anybody have any thoughts on the four corner ground probes with the ball of wadded aluminum foil on top? Do you think these can lower the potential gradient around the target area during unfavorable conditions? Ground frozen here so I will have to wait.
Old 01-26-2024, 03:24 PM
Guru

I don't think the lightning rod idea is going to help.
Old 02-25-2024, 01:03 AM
Guru

Still have not done anything with this project but I want to get going on it. Abbe Mermet wrote about magnetic images of a target. "The greater the height and the power of the sun, or the more the atmosphere is charged with electricity, the more intense these deceptive images are." He talked about working at night or after a rain. SO there it is, the atmospheric electrical potential gradient. There is a website in Great Britain that monitor the potential gradient, but the effects are highly localized--your area will very likely be different. Oh yeah, Mermet said these disturbances are usually short-lived. http://www.met.Reading.ac.uk/weather..._graphs.html#8

Scroll down near the bottom of the page. You can see it is variable.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:54 PM
Guru

If you have seen a diagram of the potential gradient lines over a person or object, the lines curve up over the person and are squeezed together. Abbe Mermet said if you are in fading conditions "one must wait until it is over. Fading is usually of short duration, but frequent. But if one cannot wait, I have found a means of suppressing fading. It consists in holding in the air, in the left hand, in the exact direction of the sun, either a raised finger or a pointed rod held vertically." This will raise the gradient lines even higher. That pointed rod must act something like a lightning rod. I hope this helps someone.

BTW, I just came off a fifty-three year friendship of a brutal narcissist. If I seem touchy or too sensitive, you know why. At least for this guy it's "No more mister nice guy." But I am hyper-aware of this trait now in other people. I don't like my generosity being taken advantage of. Yeah, my ignorance on the subject. Keep these type of people out of your life. They hold you back and don't want you to succeed. Pretty much impossible to be on the forums and not encounter this type. Okay. enough of my sermon.
Old 02-25-2024, 01:26 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike(Mont) View Post
The lines are shown in figure 9-1 (b)
Old 02-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Guru

Paraphrased here ?When the pendulum is held at the level of the eyes, water found at 40 - 50 meters. Held at waist, 100 meters, knees 250 m, ankles, 300 - 400 meters.Therefore, everything takes place as if the pendulum, lowered slowly, were going through magnetic layers.? So it makes sense if you hold up a pointed rod, your locator will be in a lower layer and work better.
Old 02-25-2024, 07:07 PM
Guru

I realize some people might think this is dowsing only. I do not think so, but I will continue this Abbe Mermet part over on the Dowsing page.
Old 03-04-2024, 12:00 AM
Guru

Here is info on building an ion chamber. They use a 10 mega ohm multimeter. The above electrometer has 10 tera ohms. That is a million times more sensitive. Might have to build this one for checking potential gradient. https://techlib.com/science/ion.html
Old 03-06-2024, 12:57 AM
Guru

Ions: If youwear synthetic clothing, the total number of ions surrounding you will decrease. Stay at least one meter away from objects. The more small ions, the more conductive the air and the lower the potential gradient. Lower potential gradient allows the molecules to to achieve a stronger excitation. Large ions travel at 0.0005 cm per second. Clear air has low gradient, higher when there is haze, and very high when fog prevails (2,000 volts per meter have been recorded.
Old 03-06-2024, 01:19 AM
Guru

You can view air quality index near your area. www.iqair.com Clean air is better for any locating.